Machine control

This is how I understand the phrase mechanical stopper: A mechanical limiter for adjusting the travel stroke of the hydraulic cylinder. Is it true? If this is true, if you limit the electric linear actuator with this mechanical limiter, either the motor of your actuator will break down or the gears may break, you can detect this mechanical stop with a current sensor in the circuit connected to your actuator and stop the motor, but in my opinion, the current setting must be fine, or by connecting a switch to the limiter, the power of the actuator will be automatically can be cut. What I don’t understand is why are you using a mechanical limiter? It would be more convenient to do it with an actuator with positioning feature, that is, a linear potentiometer, or with an encoder.

This photo belongs to me, I recognized it from my tweezers :slight_smile: You sent a private message, I’m sorry I saw it late, I will write you a reply.

yes mechanical stop would be controlling the applicatoin rate

I was going to use mechanical stop/limiter as I wanted to save myself some work I dont need the precision of an encoder

What type of current limiter switch would you recommend ?

Have a look at the rauch e click system - the limit is set by Mechanical stop, Im not sure on how the electrics of the actuator stop the current without damaging the actuator. E-CLICK Control Unit for Metering Slides (rauch.de)

interestingly it uses a linak actuator similar to the above.

Yes. I’ve attached some of my photos to yours. :grin:

1 Like

Is that the limiter you’re talking about in photo #5?

Yes that’s the system

Electric actuator push until motor stops turning and then stops

Idea could be a spring at the end of electric actuator, so the actuator move lets say 1 cm after hitting the adjustment lever, and then reach the stop contact.
That way ensure full contact to adjusted lever every time.

It would be easier explained with a pic if you have one, interesting idea

Two ideas A or B

Msde a princip drawing, hope you can get something out of it

1 Like

News about this?