Manual implement raise/lower

Wondering what others have done to raise and lower implements on a tractor with only a manual hydraulic lever?

Done some searching without much luck, can someone point me in the right direction?

Also wanted to say thanks to everyone involved with AOG. Everything you guys have accomplished and shared is amazing!

1 Like

I’m also curious to see some solutions. I’ve been searching the forums without much luck for this topic.

I think adding your own electro hydraulic valve is the best way.

I’ve seen one such approach on this forum, cannot remember what sort of an actuator did he have and cannot remember why he did not go for an electric spool valve.

I remember seeing someone use a linear actuator on the levers in the cab but it seemed to be very bulky and not hugely practical. Probably would be a much better solution to just add on an electric valve. But if I was to add an electric actuator I would not tie it to the lever but just get a high torque servo and directly actuate the valve spool.

Sounds like we are talking about the same installation. I also considered it bulky and clumsy but who knows if the tractor valves are not easy to access, no room around etc. or if it was not easy to add a new electric spool valve (can it be difficult?)?

I’m guessing this farmer wanted to test the system with a simple to build actuator first.

That makes sense, thank you all!