MD13S not responding

Hello, good morning, I am in the last stage of the project, I am assembling a KAUPOI V4.1 PCB, I already have the BNO 088 configured, the WAS sensor works and I even have it centered to do the tests, I have an ACS 712 sensor that If I had doubts about taking the driving test, I disconnected it. The problem I have is that on Cytron md13s it doesn’t work, I don’t know how to test the circuit, if I press the MA MB buttons it works.
I tested the Cytron only outside the board with a potentiometer and a code that I downloaded from the internet to be able to test it and it works, but I don’t know why it doesn’t on the board, I hope someone can help me, thank you very much in advance.
excuse my writing, I’m using google translate

perhaps an image of your board will help in figuring out the problem.

2 Likes

Hello, thank you very much for responding, I will send you the images.

If I press MA or MB the control LEDs turn on

from AOG

the WAS does not leave it well centered so that it can be seen that it works

I don’t know why the MD13S is not responding.
Thank you very much for the help

Hi! I have a different board (4.1 AIO micro). I did encounter problem on md13s not driving my motors but it turned out the modification I did messed up power being provided to controller. Anyways, have you tried tapping on the red tractor if it result to a green tractor which then activates the left and right arrows? I did change the steer enable from the default switch to button. Activating physical switch result in the md13s driving the motor to keep the tractor moving straight along AB line.

1 Like

Have you removed some wires from the cytron? There is a + and - for your supply and a MA and MB. The A is + for one motor and B is + for the other motor. The Negatives are all common.

In your case 4 larger motor and supply wires and 4 smaller control wires. (Quick connector)

1 Like

Thank you very much for your help, the problem was, as Rogerix said, I had enabled the physical button that activates the automatic steering, again, thank you very much for your help and sorry for the language.

Is there an alternative for the Cytron MD13S, its sold out.

It’s available at Amazon.
But some have used the IBT2.

1 Like

I found it on Mouser Electronics. They have a branch in our country. So i can pay easily.

1 Like

Right from the source, always in stock

Just pay import fees :frowning:

1 Like