MF 7400 series can bus

I found on the 6718S I did that while the datatronic5 HMS recording will record the fact that AOG has engaged steering, and show it as a step in the sequence, it won’t play it back; either because the tractor doesn’t have an actual unlock for the autosteer in datatronic 5, or it knows that the tractor itself doesn’t have a guidance line set so why would it engage it? However, pressing the HMS button when autosteering will actually disengage it, which is handy in this case.

So given it does engage/disengage, if it worked that that was your first step in the sequence for end of row and beginning, that could be OK. So sequence as you come onto the headland would be:

• disengage autosteer
  • (pto, lift, revs etc)

Then as you come back into the work, your sequence would be:

• engage autosteer (doesn’t matter that it won’t actually send that command, we’ll sense the button press and start the steering)
  • (pto lift revs etc)

The fact we’re sniffing that HMS signal doesn’t make any difference to the tractor, it’ll plough on (haha) regardless and play its sequence back quite happy.

If on the other hand you wanted autosteer to engage after all your other steps were complete, that would take some coding to delay the engage. Do-able, but not pretty. However, I’d reckon that you want autosteer on first, get the tractor lined up, and then drop your implement etc?

I’m wondering even with that uselessly-recorded “engage autosteer” step that it’ll ignore, that if you then put say 1 second delay or travel distance for next step, it might honour that delay anyway?

Something to try…

Incidentally, I hooked the board up to a 7480 and it worked fine straight away on the steering, but I hadn’t tried the button at that point.

Actually at the moment im hoping a relay and timed output from agopen

Keep it near my paygrade

1 Like

My 7480 is not steering enabled I’m using a motor on steering.

So an idea might be since your going to modify the wires to the hms use the button as an input to agopen maybe as the steer input switch and then the relay to drive the hms. Only downside is hms would then only work with agopen.

I’ve code for the standard AIO board driving a motor, but using CANBUS engage - that would be your better option, keep the tractor standard that way. It’s in the TeensyFlasher as an image.

but thats for a tractor with autosteer button ?

Any button that speaks over CANBUS. I would expect most multifunction joysticks to do just that (except the hydraulic gate lever of course).

i turn my steering on with a switch on the motor, steering column moves to the spring loaded motor and then closes the switch to activate.
my plan was to be able to drive in a field then autosteer nearly everything and use agopen to fire the hms to lift/lower, and using the Uturn i could do the majority of the field with no driver in :nerd_face:put

I actually did this on our 7480 tier 3 a while back but found it a bit messy if you had to go cross over the headland line in order to turn around
What I did was just wire in a machine relay in parallel, if I remember correctly the button doesn’t run can bus (on ours at least) and is just a signal to the computer

1 Like

I suspect that’s the case the button is not reported over can - it would be tricky to test but I wonder if you record a sequence and execute it does the computer signal a start of headland management routine - would be impossible to find I suspect

dont you just set the advance or delay on the screen i posted a picture of above?

I just disassembled the arm rest, found the wires from the button and made a wire going from there to the gps board, looking back I should have made a switch or relay to turn the function off, have to act quick when it all of a sudden lowers the drill while turning, but it’s a little while since I did this, I will see if I can’t find a video

2 Likes

2 Likes
3 Likes