New RTK product for 2022 - SKYTRAQ PX1122R PX1172RH ESP32

Not now. This is the Bluetooth Bridge version, the ESP32 is hard-coded.
SKYTRAQ is planning re-design new board so you can flash ESPrtk firmware for ESP32 (or your own code).
I’ll let you know as soon as they have news.
Or you can email it directly to this email :
oliver.huang@skytraq.com.tw

2 Likes

I am trying to get the PX1172RH Hat to work with dual antennas with an Ardusimple F9P base station.
I get a RTK fix, heading and pitch values in GNSS viewer, but when using AOG the tractor on screen jumps from position to position and is very laggy.
I get a very smooth response when using an Ardusimple F9P as a rover with AOG but I can’t get an IMU at the moment so I decided to go dual. Do I need to change any messages with the dual antenna receiver to work with my F9P base?

1 Like

Did you set the rate of the nmea messages? It defaults to 1hz. I’ve been playing with this receiver and it works pretty well for me although it jumps back to float quite a bit. I think I need to re survey my f9p base station. But when it is in fix mode it is smooth as the f9p. And even without any smoothing of the roll (pitch) number, it seems to compensate rather well. While sitting still the roll does bounce around a bit, +/- a half a degree or so with 53 inches between the antennas. That works out to an error of about 2 inches at the ground. A wider stance will reduce that.

1 Like

Also note that the nmea messages from the rh are not corrected for terrain. All you get is the nmea for the location at the first antenna and then also the heading and angle of the second antenna relative to the first. Does AgIO process the pitch and heading messages from the skytraq?

1 Like

AgIO must have processed the pitch and heading messages but the antennas had to be front to back orientation. I originally had the antennas at either side of the cab but in AOG the tractor on screen moved sideways when driving forward and backwards. Is this because the heading is 90 degrees off the bearing of the two antennas?

1 Like

AgIO should be able to calculate the roll of the tractor from the PSTI messages coming from the SkyTraq. If I read the source code correctly, the antennas should be oriented such that antenna 1 is on the right (the moving “base”) and antenna 2 (the “rover”) is on the left.

Since the GGA position always comes from Antenna 1, you need to tell AOG that the Antenna is offset to the right of the center.

I should also have said before I was not using SkyTraq with AOG; I was doing standalone testing where I used a Python program to read the NMEA data and perform the terrain compensation calculations. But it should work with AOG.

1 Like

Hello .Skytraq modules still work fine with AOG .
diarmaidwalsh Can you describe your current setup better?
Looks like @torriem has worked well , but it looks like your setup is not the same as torriem .
Hope torriem can also share more about the configuration.

Do you have any tutorial on how to use it with Radio rfd900x? I think of using 2 skytraq cards + 2 radios rfd900x. Because here there is no 4G signal.

1 Like

@esprtk can you help me?

Which board do you have, @lucasbira? On my PX1122R eval board, there’s a jumper that if I set it to “A” then I can feed the serial output from the radio into the RX pin. Can only do Bluetooth or serial RX, but not both at the same time, which is a bit of a bummer, but you could use a toggle switch to switch between them.

On my 1172RH eval board, there is also a jumper setting that allows RTCM in from the bluetooh, or from the RX pin.

1 Like

I’m going to use the PX1122R board. I want to transmit the signal by radio rfd900x. Well, here I don’t have 4G signal at all times.
Base connected to the Notebook, and the rover connected to the Tablet in the combine.

1 Like

Okay in that case, look at the Quick start pdf. There’s a jumper you set, I believe it is to “A.” Then you connect the radio’s TX line to the PX1122R’s RX line. That should do it. Don’t even need to run the RTCM through AOG. And you can still connect over USB the way you normally do to get NMEA.

1 Like

Hello @torriem . How is working terrain compensation? What IMU you are using?

1 Like

Using the BNO085 and F9P for this at present. I think it might be working but I haven’t had any time to really test it. In theory it should work as well as AOG’s built-in compensation right now, since I borrowed the exact same filtering and algorithms from AOG and the Panda sketch. At higher speeds, it blends the GPS heading with the gyro heading, and updates the gyro offset. At lower speeds, the heading relies mostly on the gyro. Roll is processed just like the panda sketch does. Then I translate the latitude and longitude according to the roll and antenna position relative to the ground under the axle. I also adjust altitude as I hope to use this for field elevation mapping as well.

I have not implemented any reverse detection at present, since I don’t really need it for what I’m trying to do, but I think it could be added. For this my target is an ESP32, not the teensy, since the ESP32 has a built-in bluetooth (and wifi with IP), so it makes it easy for testing with ntrip and a cell phone.

I’ll post my github repo at some point soon. Not so applicable to AOG since AOG already does all of these things rather well, including reverse detection. But for other applications, it is useful.

It’s really too bad the SkyTraq evaluation boards don’t have any means of reprogramming their on-board ESP32s, and if a few I/O pins were broken out. If they did, all this could run on one board.

2 Likes

@torriem have you done any more work with this? I would love a solution like this to be able to send a roll corrected position to our yield monitor without having to set up a dual antenna setup.

1 Like

Hope to get back to it after harvest ends. I need to look at the latest Panda code and see how that’s progressing. I’ll be adapting that code.

Does a yield map need roll-corrected GPS position? Most combines only record every 20 feet or so anyway.

1 Like

The biggest reason for roll compensation in the combine is row shutoffs. We have a lot of places where we are only picking corn on 4 rows of an 8 row header, and when the yield monitor thinks you are picking 3 or 5 rows it really messes things up.

2 Likes

Nice, some people that have made the exact same hardware choices as I did, and know want to play with.

PX1122R-EVB (v1) and PX1172RH-HAT.
To bad the esp32 of the PX1172 can’t be used for ESPrtk. What is your setup besides the SkyTraq’s? And what antennas are you using?

Still hapy with your SkyTraq setup?
Do you know if there is an option for sensor (IMU) fusion on the PX1172?

To make my project a little harder than just copy paste, I have also an Xsens MTI-30-2A8G4 (IMU) and 2 Velodyne Vlp-32’s to play with. My use case is SLAM / mapping.

There is no IMU fusion built into the PX1172, and no option for that. It is too bad they didn’t add a few breakout connections to allow programming the ESP32 they stuck on the PX117RH evaluation board. You could buy the PX1172 bare module and design a board with an ESP32 (or teensy) that you could program, though. The ESP32 is only part of the evaluation boards.

Been a few months since I was using it, but it seemed to work quite well without an IMU.

I use PX1122R it’s been a very long time. You need to disable this package.