New Version 4.1.1 - Hardware Software, Testing and Hooking up

Yes for sure, the documentation / wiki is being worked on. I’ve never experienced the not being able to program a nano, do you think it is manufacturer specific?

Not sure, I use Nanos for other things and sometimes when upload, something is really flaky.
Once programmed - usually no issues.
PS: Out to try the sparkfun- blox GPS modules and their black board (actually a Uno) in moving base and rover config - see how that goes.
PS2 :Have to use the 1 ton snow plow as the platform instead of the lawn mower!!! It’s not spring yet.
cheers.

Try by wiring directly power to the battery … I had the same problem and it be solved this way.

Do you want to charge the tablet?

Is the power on( 5V from pcbv2,) otherwise USB tries to power the pcbv2, but USB can’t deliver the needed wattage.

You do not specific say that 5v to nano is ok. Unplug usb and see if there still are light in nano!
WAS and Nano have separate 5V supply!

Probably this could be the problem, I only feed from usb! I’m trying to plug in a power supply!

I disconnected all power and connected the nano, Had 5v power to all 5v outputs, The only odd reading I got was in two of the three connection after 12V switch. Circled in picture, I had no reading on the one and the other two had .8v that is without any 12V connection, not sure that should be. after connecting one at a time you can see that I am now getting a reading in “from auto steer” and WAS. not sure why as I did not find anything. But now as you can see in the other picture I am not getting a gps reading on main screen but I can see it on the “communication Settings” screen. I did not change anything on by F9P and when I connect to ucenter everything works, not sure where to look for this. Thanks for the help

AOG communication settings

aog pcb

Figured out the gps issue. I did change the data source from GGA to RMC. Changed back at it shows. Again thanks for the help.

1 Like

Those 3 should be all connected together, maybe a bad solder joint?

That is what I thought and nothing is close to them that I could have crossed. Would you expect any voltage there if my 12v is not connected I would think not.

Remember to screw down connector also when no wire is in. Then measure again.

I need advice on how to solve the problem of controlling the 6-way valve cutting off the orbitrol in autopilot mode.
At the beginning I connected this valve to the relay on the PCB and switched on / disconnected the autoster with an external switch, cutting off the power to the board.
Then there is a problem with disconnection when switching USB connection which is a bit annoying.
I eliminated this problem by connecting a 6-way valve relay to the autoster switch which simultaneously starts the AS through arduino.
This, however, does not solve the problem of how to disconnect a 6-way valve using an encoder or a pressure sensor. It would be necessary to exit the arduino which would change state after disconnection by an encoder or a pressure sensor. The question is, is there a place on the board that I skipped where I could connect the relay? If not, could you write a code on the arduino that could control the shut-off valve?

If you use a Cytron, in the next update there will be a pin for a relay for that. (Pwm2, which isn’t used for Cytron)
If you have a IBT2, you can use the EN_PIN with a high active relais

Just for clarification, is the implement switch for input to show you are working an area or output to actually turn a implement on/off?

It’s a remote for the auto map button in AOG. To see what you’ve done :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the answer.
You mean pin 9 but the voltage on this pin appears only when AG turns on PWM by controlling proportional valves and disappears as soon as it stops controlling. The 6-way orbitrol cut-off valve should not turn on / off every now and then, depending on the operation of the proportional valves. It should turn on when you turn on the Steer switch or button and remain on until disconnected by Turn Sensor.
So a 5V output with Steer switch or button and a detachable Steer switch or button / Turn sensor could be useful.

PWM2 pin isn’t used for Cytron and will be programmed as a relais output. If you hit Autosteer it will go high (or low if you have low active relais).
Connect a relais to it and it will active/deactivate if you hit the steer switch (or button)

I’m hurrying!!!
It will turn off if any condition is not met, like no guidance line, too slow, too fast etc.

Current setup: I have a PCB v2 (arduino nano with cytron MD13s) running a phidget motor (with 24v converter), and currently using the princess auto WAS. I have downloaded AOG 4.1.1 and updated new arduino autosteer USB per the video posted by Arvel (Arvel Installing Software and Firmware - YouTube). I have also done quite a bit of testing as instructed in the excellent video above (thanks Brian).

I have a question about the new update:

As soon as I uploaded new arduino code to my arduino nano my phidget motor will not run. I have Wheel Angle Sensor data coming in (active in arduino and AOG) but is not working to run my phidgets motor. I am able to test the phidget motor using the MA/MB buttons on the cytron.

The odd part is that the motor was working fine prior to me uploading the new Arduino code, which tells me that it is likely a software problem or I improperly uploaded something.

Does anyone have any advice or troubleshooting suggestions? I really appreciate all the work you guys are putting in and all the troubleshooting advice available!

1 Like