Next step for SMD PCB: Project for an all-in-one compact PCB

When you get this board ready to “take to market” I would be interested in ordering some from the PCB manufactor and offering them to North American customers at no upcharge. I want to add this to at least one tractor of my own this winter here in Wisconsin and having a bundled package would make this whole site and idea take off mainstream. It needs to be easy for the farmer if you want to have AGOPENGPS go to the next level. Not all farmers want to mess with electrical components and do a bunch of testing for a solution.

2 Likes

I have a request sent to GoRoNb to see where he is at on the project. We were planning to have the PCB’s manufactured and wired into a box with the omnimate connector, and add pigtails to the mating connector with a color coded connection diagram, in China. But if you can do it here in the US, that would be great. I think Andraes is going to supply Europe and there are several others interested in supplying some other countries, but no commitments yet. Jaap has roughly written the code. We just need some PCB’s to test with.

2 Likes

I have access to a panel shop in Iowa and Nebraska that we have used for lots of projects that would be able to handle this.

With that said I am also good with using the China shop.

Really I just want to get a board that has 100% of the electrical components pre-assembled. I would like to support motor drive and hydraulic valve. Ideally I would have 1 single wiring harness that plugs into the “control” box to tidy up the cab but I’m also good with using m12’s.

One may want to consider a NEMA 12 and NEMA 4 option for those with cabs vs cabless tractors. Food for thought.

Several guys I work with are very interested in these types of projects and we probably could help someone get a “turnkey” solution put together. I understand that it has to be a little different for everyone but I also believe there to be a most of the time scenario that could see immediate benefit.

I’ll quietly sit in the background until someone needs help,(I’ve been watching this site for well over a year without posting). Glad to help just let me know what we can do to help.

Probably still be hard for a single solution that fits everbodys needs. A lot of us have systems that have been upgraded over time from single to dual antenna. With a lot of wiring in place already. But like WHFARMS im just watching. And i might add immensly enjoying it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello,
have you solved the data exchange between Teensy and tablet (AgOpenGPS)?
I have the central_unit_3.0 ( HW_for_AgOpenGPS/central_unit_3.0_Teensy at main · GormR/HW_for_AgOpenGPS · GitHub)
But Im not able to get an connection via USB between the already programmed tennsy and the software (AgOpenGPS)

regards
christian

Looks like a UDP Version.