NH CR9060, AOG in parallel with the original hydraulic system

Hello ,

For my new project (New Holland cr 9060 combine harvester), I would like to put AOG on hydraulics because it is already equipped with laser guidance. At the direction valve, I wonder how to connect so that I can keep the original laser guide. My father prefers to drive with a laser, and for harvesting cereals, this is fine. But when harvesting peas or rapeseed, laser does not work well. Generally I harvest them. So I would like to be able to put AOG in parallel with the original assembly. Does that seem possible to you? ! Are there electrical precautions to implement? !

Could this scheme be enough?

Schema CR9060

Hi Julian,
Laser Guidance?? Please explain a bit more.? Is this an interpretation error?

1 Like

Don’t think it is any error. Combines in Europe at least often have the option to steer with a laser head that detects where the harvested area ends.

I’d put relays to completely isolate AOG from the OEM system, and vice versa.

2 Likes

Aren’t those valves canbus?

seems to be pwm . You make me doubt, I will check the manual this evening.

Oh hey if its pwm - then easy. Yes, just using a DPDT switch completely isolate the AOG drive from the NH drive circuitry.

Center pin to valve +
one side of switch to NH circuit
one side to AOG circuit

same for other coil

Nice news ! It’s PWM !

but seems to be 500hz .
Is it possible for valve or did I misunderstand? !

OK, so guidance off last pass of crops harvested edge. Never even heard of this before in Australia.

Yes but I work well only when limit is clean .

1 Like

Could very well be, the default arduino frequency for PWM is 490, so you should be good to go.

1 Like

Hello ,

I need a signal to switch the relays which bypass the original guidance system and control my valve with AOG (autosteer USB + cytron). These relays operate with a low signal, so I need a low output activated only when the auto steering is ON. What’s the best way to do this? I read something about PWM2 on the motor output. Unfortunately for me it is a high level. Is it possible to pass it to a low level? maybe by modifying .ino? Can anyone help me ?

Do you by “low output” mean that the relays operate when the "wire " from them is grounded ?

If so, then I would use some of the standard arduino relays with optocoupler built in, use the “high” from PWM2 to activate optocoupler and then let the realay go to ground to make your “low output”

The relays are available in 1, two ore even 16 in one package, arduino module relay: Search Result | eBay

Hi lars,

Thank you for your very quick response.
I think I found it, I detail it here if someone is looking for it. Using PWM2 output on pcbv2, which is not used with the cytron, but was high (5V when autosteer ON) while browsing the code I found the solution: just use “Invert Relays” in AOG. Now PWM2 is Low level (0V) when autosteer is ON, just what I need :slight_smile:

That would be an easier way. But maybe that only applies for relays for sections, and not for the PWM 2.
Originally that PWM2 is the enable pin for the IBT 2 (but then it is on the DIR), and therefore I don´t think it will change.

Yes it does , I’ve checked .

1 Like

Finally , it works !!! Very happy , video coming soon :wink:

Hello. Please help me understand what is wrong. I don’t understand what needs to be adjusted.it always shows me on the screen that the arrow is moving near the line about 35cm

Hey,

How did you wire up the safety off switch? When you touch the wheel it should disengage.
(Maybe original post had picture but it’s gone…)

I haven’t found the solution, nor really looked to tell the truth.
I use a foot switch.