Nrtip data dropping out on Deutz tractor

Hi

I have built my own NTRIP base station and have it on SNIP and RTK2GO, the corrections work fine on my AOG setup on combine but when I put the station details on our new Deutz 230TTV the signal is intermittent, works for a while then drops out then reconnects, when I check the corrections on my phone they are fine, very stable as is AOG on combine.

Any Ideas please?

Cheers Mark

I cannot find specs for that tractor. Which GNSS receiver does it have?

Just to be sure, are you saying the tractor loses NTRIP connection frequently, not just losing RTK fix? It is reconnecting to the NTRIP caster, not just re-establishing RTK fix?

Hi and thanks for the response!

I am not 100 percent sure whether it just looses RTK fix or the NRTIP connection, the screen goes RTK to RTK float to no RTK symbol. It might work for 2 or 3 drilling runs then go off for a bit and come back on again. It seems to come back sooner if stopped. The NTRIP data works fine on our combine with a tablet running AOG.

The receiver spec on the Deutz 230TTV is: SDF SR20

SR20. THE NEXT LEVEL OF AUTOMATIC STEERING.

The SR20 is a new GNSS receiver designed for automatic steering systems. It is a completely new development created to achieve highest accuracy and best guidance performance in all conditions. It includes full control technology for the automatic steering system, which makes the SR20 much more than just a simple GNSS receiver. Our technology features so many assets and advantages – just to mention a few of them:

1. IMU: the new 3-axis gyroscope is integrated as standard, to detect and compensate even the smallest fluctuations and movements of the machine in any direction. This means highest precision in all conditions, independently from the type of ground.
  2. Skybridge: this technology is available on all SR20 receivers and bridges signal losses. Skybridge keeps the steering system engaged in case the RTK signal is not available, e.g. if the mobile connection is lost. This lets the machine keep on working with high RTK precision for up to 20 minutes.
  3. GNSS: the SR20 receiver can pick up a huge number of different satellite systems, all compatible with it: GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BEIDOU and QZSS. The high number of compatible satellites available increases signal stability and accuracy, and ensures a guidance system that’s fully reliable.
  4. CTM: to receive a RTK NTRIP correction signal, a mobile internet connection is required. The Communication Telematic Module is equipped with a 4G M2M multinet data package. These features significantly decrease issues of mobile data reception, with RTK NTRIP providing the highest reliability.

SR20 seems to be based on the Topcon AGS-2 receiver. No personal experience but as a 4 constellation receiver and with a 4G modem it should be fine.

I was afraid it was the older Topcon AGI-4 based receiver with a 2G/3G modem that may struggle with cellular coverage, needs specific RTCM messages and only supports GPS + Glonass.

No idea about your issue but you might find RTK latency from your screen and check if it stays below 2 seconds or so.