Only one usb in Panasonic FZ-G1

So my FZ-G1 has only one usb and I have ordered AIO 4.1, so I will need rj45. If I have time and skills I would like to install section control for spayer in future. I orderer, in same order with teensy,

• arduino nano
  • 5V Relay module 16 channels
  • terminal block shield
  • ENC28J60 Ethernet Shield

Whitch is better for section control, USB or UDP?

So my question is, how to devide my usb.
https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Dual-Gigabit-Ethernet-Adapter/dp/B00D8XTOD0?language=en_US This has 2 LAN ports and leaves 1 USB for another use. How have you done this?

I orderd this one so i will be ready for the ACE branch in the future if i want to use it

1 Like

how you intend to mount the tablet on the tractor ? in my case, for the dell 7202 which has only 1 usb port I bought a docking station, there is something similar for Panasonic FZ-G1 Havis Docking Station Panasonic ToughPad FZ-G1 Model DS-PAN-702-2, 702-2-P | eBay have 2 usb and RJ-45 port.

1 Like

I think these docking stations have only one rj45 port. If it is better to have section control board attached with udp then I would need 2 rj45 ports. I think I will print something for mounting.

One thing I would recommend considering is buying an old router for your Ethernet switch. Then, you can go wireless on section control later if you want.

Panasonic FZ-G1 (Havis docking station should be here next week)
Arduino Nano knockoff
8 channel 5 V relay
Novatel SMARTAG receiver
USB hub
6 section sprayer
Thought everything was working great when I tested in my yard. Got to my first job and Arduino lost connection after 2 minutes. Each connection may last for 2 minutes or 30 minutes. Usually the Arduino is dropped but occasionally the GPS is dropped. Sometimes the Arduino reconnects itself before I get a chance. When it disconnects the relays de-energize but the monitor keeps painting, so that’s hard to live with. Have tried 4 different USB hubs including a brand new 12V powered USB hub. Have exchanged every cable, secured each USB connection, swapped Arduino, even replaced power source with a separate battery in the cab. I’m a little late seeing all the recommendations for RJ45. I would like to make that switch next winter. I really need this operational now. Is USB my whole problem? Arduino knockoff? Is there much chance my problems will evaporate after the Havis docking station arrives?
Thanks

One reason for wired connection is that it would be easyer? to connect, specialy for other users. Can I make it so that it is almost plug and play?

I’m not 100% sure but i think a Ethernet hub to usb wil work, you can work with a switch to but that’s a little bit of a mess if you want switch to Ethernet hub to usb.

I use this eternet to USB dongle

And this switch

Don’t have much invested and works flawless