Parts list for order

I have extra pcb’s if you want. They are cheap and I got 10 last time i ordered. Using a pcb makes a more stable system in my opinion. PM me if you want or stop by. We live between Outlook And Delisle.
I put a WAS on a swather. wasnt as stable steering as on a tractor but it worked.

1 Like

Here’s some back and forth on the MMA from the Telegram group. We really need to keep all those discussions here as they are easier to find. So here they are:
Brian Tee, [10.09.19 17:18]
Re 8451,2 They are all the same. You just have to chose the right address. Right from the setup in AutosteerPCBv2.ino…

// set to 2 if MMA8452 installed GY-45 (1C)
// set to 3 if MMA8452 installed Sparkfun, Adafruit MMA8451 (1D)

Brian Tee, [10.09.19 17:22]
[In reply to Matthew Elias]
Each field saves 1 AB Line in ABLine.txt. The rest are stored are stored globally.

Wolle, [10.09.19 17:28]
[In reply to Brian Tee]
Brian, thank you, the setting is clear, but why didn’t I have to modify the map command? The 8452 has 12 bit the other 14 bit, so the counts per degree roll is different, isn’t it?

Alan Webb, [10.09.19 17:28]
[In reply to Brian Tee]
Ah right. I wondered if the output would be different with the mma8451 being a 14 bit rather than 12bit as in the mma8452.

Brian Tee, [10.09.19 17:30]
I don’t have one, waiting for one to arrive, so you may have to investigate. Makes sense tho it would be different mapping.

Wolle, [10.09.19 17:38]
I will investigate but I must put my hardware together first.

1 Like

maybe this will help

Thanks for all the support. I will update as the project progresses.

I am having an issue with my MMA8451 i purchased from adafruit. it has 8 pin locations and the socket on the pcb only has 6 can i make this work or should i order the one listed from Spark Fun so i can just plug in directly into the pcb?

You can use 8451 if you wire it to the board. See here around post 18 PCB version 2

But I don´t know about the 12 /14 bit issue mentioned around post 4 above this.

Has anyone recently ordered parts for PCB with
Digi-Key or Mouser?
I wonder how much all the parts cost?

It’s about 65€ from Digi-key. Only parts to one PCB+Cytron, no spare parts, no PCB price included. Some parts are out of stock at the moment in Digi-Key.

1 Like

I have the specified (6 pin) sparkfun one and an adafruit 8451 8 pin. I had already made up a short ribbon connector to allow me to use the 8 pin one, and because of the orientation of my PCB I’ve actually used that one and hot glued the MMA to my enclosure. Works fine. Mine is a 14 bit one. It works very well.

Only 4 connections are needed. Vcc, GND, SDA, SCL.

The Adafruit one works with 3v3 or 5v so I connected it to the 3v3 pin on the PCB MMA header.

A point of some debate but I have also got the BNO055 glued, away from other things, in the top of the enclosure but, I haven’t got any high load switching going on in there. No Cytron on the PCB. Personally I do wonder if that is why some have issues with the BNO. I could have used the brick but that is another wire going to the roof that I didn’t particularly want. I guess it depends on where you can mount the enclosure.

Everything comes out around 200E together with pcb, in digikey there are no sensors and no power supply.

1 Like

I found eBay miles cheaper with postage.

Last spring (when this forum was on CombineForum) I ordered one of the earliest versions of the PCB and tried extremely hard to get this to work. Ordered the electronics from digikey and started sodering. I spent a month or so trying to get this to work and was unable to get it going. Is this the same PCB that was released last year? I really want to get this to work and was wondering if this is a newer PCB that maybe resolved the issues I was having last year.

Sorry to post this to the entire conversation. I think permissions blocked me from sending wwfarm a PM.

Thanks,

I have “Brian’s PCB v2” and it works fine. I’m not sure which PCB you have but I think Brian himself is using the older PCB and his system is obviously working fine. Try to find some posts from Brian that show is PCB. Perhaps your issue is not the PCB but the way you use it?

Maybe it would be just a lot easier to order the ready made board from Andreas? Well, not maybe. It’ll cost about the same as you building it and you know it works.

1 Like

I don’t have any extra boards left. Unless you really enjoy electronics and soldering then maybe do as Brian suggested and order from Andreas. I have both versions of pcb working so if you need help with that maybe post some pictures and explain what doesnt work? its maybe something simple and someone on the forum would probably know whats wrong.

1 Like

I finally got all my parts and the PCB v2 board ,will it be compatible with the version 4 that is coming out or should I wait and see what the new board will be before I start soldering it up?

I’ve been using it with the very first board ever made, and it works perfectly. I am designing a v4 board as well however.

I just PMed Andreas. Thanks for that suggestion. I had no idea he sold them assembled.

Regards,
Josh

1 Like

Where are you located? I have 6x V2 pcbs and a spare completed setup in SK. Probably 20 sectional boards as well, I haven’t opened that package

Evening chaps.

Can anyone recommend the best place to buy a prebuilt PCB? I’ve got the circuit all working and mounted on a larger vehicle (tried to upload a video of it, but I don’t think you can upload vids here?) and would like to purchase something a bit more robust.

I’ve seen Andrea mentioned, is he the man for this?

1 Like