PCB (V2) Assembly Video

That holes are for connection top and bottom layer.

1 Like

I just found out there are multiple versions of the partslist.xlsx. The one that comes to your desktop with an Aog install is OK. The component and partslist files on github are not usable for a BOM. (numbers are not recognized by Digikey)

Something that would help me, that I have not seen on any documentation is what through hole connectors to use for the different connection outside of box ie steer motor wires, battery, wheel angle sensor and 12v to 24v converter. I know everyone has their preference but would like to get some idea as to what to use as there are too many options to look at when looking them up. Have seen some pictures and videos with them in use but I am not sure what to filter on when looking up in digikey. Thanks in advance for your help.

As an odd aside, i’m shocked by the excellent quality of the boards made by these chinese companies for literally pennies. A board like that made in Canada would be 300$ easy - and you would get 1 - in 3 months.

2 Likes

My JLC PCB ones are absolutely first class and from ordering 5 pcb’s to receiving them was a staggering 3½ days. £16 delivered.

3 Likes

Here’s what i’ve used KaupoiMOD PCB v2.0 - #10 by Kaupoi
From top left corner:
-SP2110 7 pin round connector for autosteer button, workswitch and steering wheel encoder. 1 empty pin.
-SP13 4pin round connector for WAS.
-On/off -button with led.
Lower row:
-Strain relief 12,5mm, USB cable.
-Strain relief 16mm. Superseal plug 4pin. 4 wires to hydraulic valve or steering motor(2 wires to motor, 2 wires to autosteer switch).
-Strain relief 13mm. Superseal plug 2pin. 12V in and ground wire.

If using 12v to 24v converter, I’ve just drilled 12mm hole to the box, and pulled wires through that. Some shrinking tube for sealant.

Will this type of on/off switch work? Not sure what 【Push & Hold - ON 】; 【Release - OFF】means

Sounds like a momentary switch. Power passes through only the time you hold down the button.
This is not an On / Off switch.

Yeah looks to be a momentary to me, you need a latched style switch for the On/Off, either can be used for the autosteer trigger button though.

I’ve used these, white, 12VDC and latching Filn 16 Mm 6V 12V 110V 220V Led Momentary Vergrendeling Messing Nikkel Plaat Anti Vandaal Waterdichte drukknop Met Power Symbool|Schakelaars| - AliExpress

1 Like

If your are already using a separate switched power with lines directly from the battery, you don’t need to use the relay/switch at all. I have an external relay which turns on all the machine control, LIDAR, actuator control, router, GPS etc already, so just powered the autosteer directly without the onboard relay.

An option to consider.

1 Like

Are the two power outs circled in yellow used for anything or are they there for future use? I do not have any two position screw terminals and was wondering if I really need them for basic auto steer? image

About to take my first attempt at soldering the pcbv2 board with parts I got. Question about J6, the reset. Is this a reset button on the board or a 2 pin connector that would have wire leads to a reset button? Also I don’t have a reset button in my parts so must need to order one, am I just looking for a momentary push button? Would this be best mounted on exterior of box so if I need to reset in field?
Thanks

Basically ‘yes’ to all of your points. An accessible push switch :+1:

Yes farmer64 they are for the use you like. If you look carefully you find the 12v is the same as the +v at the steer, imp and remote, because the r8 “resistor” is actually just a piece of wire. I don’t have any screw terminals, all wires soldered directly to board.

Is the reset needed? I have not reset mine yet(other than when powered off)

1 Like

Needed at power up if usb is used and you forget the power up sequence.

Have a few more follow-up questions now that I have soldered the board up.

1. What are pins at DoG2, A0, A1,A2, D2 and D5 for?
  2. Also there is 12 volt out on big 3 pin and also on small 2 pin beside the 5volt out. What’s the difference?
  3. How much power can the 5volt and 12 volt out ports run? Is this what I should use to power a USB hub and or maybe the GPS board? Does one of them power the motor controller?
  4. Is there a certain direction the 4N33 need to go in? Is there a backwards as they fit 2 ways.
    5.On the WAS outputs there are 7 pins, I was thinking I would just need +5v, ground and signal. I must not be thinking of that correctly??
  5. Is there a reason for the 2 pins on 12volt battery? I was thinking 1 wire from battery fused, is that all I need?IMG_20200127_104214
    Thanks

4n33 are wrong , look at the drawing on the pcb …

Please explain the “power up sequence”. That is the first I have heard of that.