PCBV4.1 - build and test

No use the udp monitor

I bought the steering angle sensor RTY090LVEAX after the recommendation of this link.
I connected the sensor to the v4.1 amp 23 pin socket of the board.
Sensor Pin1 GND with ampseal 4 GND
Sensor Pin 2 VCC with ampseal 1 5 WAS 5v
Sensor Pin 3 output with ampselal 2 5v High.
The steering calibration can be said to be unresponsive.
In the application, the steering wheel is turned all the way to the left.
Is this the fault of the sensor?
Do I need to calibrate myself?

Have you set the sensor up with a volt meter ? Wheels straight ahead should be 2.5v i think or there abouts

I took the 5v and ground from the v4.1 board.
On one pin 1.1v and on the other pin 3.9v. When you turn the sensor, it does not respond. Mouser sent another such sensor, I think it was defective. Both sensors show the same thing.

With the wheels strsight ahead you should get be looking for 2.5v. The 0v the one lock and 5v the other lock. Are you Testing on ampseal pins 2 and 4?
Is the ads1115 chip installed on your pcb
Have you tried turning the sensor on the arm and testing it in a different place
You should be getting the full 5v on pin 1

ampseal 2 and 4 show 1.2v.
ads1115 chip installed.
turning the sensor by hand does not change the volts on the tester.

I see you’ve fitted the surface mounted module ads1115. Not sure on the micro 4.1 version but on the previous 2.5 version i think You’ll also need to add a 1k resistor i think. Can we have a better picture

Where to add the 1k resistor?

You dont need that ads1115 youve fitted, there is already one installed into the pcb so remove the one you fitted and try again

1 Like

I removed the additionally applied 1115, connected the sensor, turning the sensor by hand the wheels turn correctly. Thank you master.

Happy days. Onwards and upwards :+1:

1 Like

Glad you got it sorted out :slight_smile:
But for future reference: It is not possible to measure resistance on the hall effect sensors (which this RTY are) You must apply 5v and GND then you can measure something between 0,5 and 4,5 v on the signal, when turning the sensor axle. If you turn the axle 180 degree you also get 0,5 to 4,5 V.

1 Like

Good morning. Which wires activate the automatic steering? 4 pin + 8 pin activates automatic section control.

Pin 8 is the steer activation, can be wired to a switch or push button. It gets connected to one of the earth/ground pins

1 Like

And pin 9 for work switch which can control auto section control.

You need to connect the other wire from the switch to ground, can be any ground on the tractor.

2 Likes

There are parameters somewhere in AOG to tell what the signal does.
If you don’t want sections activated with steering then desactivate “steer swich”

1 Like

Many thanks to everyone who helped me with the “auto steering” tips. Today, the tractor already knows how to drive itself. Of course, there are still many unknowns. I know that knowledgeable people in this forum will give the correct answer. If you are interested, it is possible to upload pictures of the installation of Baraki hydraulic controls on a Fendt 309 vario. Thank you! :handshake:

1 Like

Feel free to write up a Success Story, we need more of those :slight_smile:

I can’t turn the steering wheel while the autosteering is on.

That is what the lock valves do, so normal.
If you are asking how to stop autosteer, when trying to turn steering wheel, then check if your baraki valve blok is fitted with the pressure switch or the newer pressure sensor, and make the setting and wiring to use this possibility