Pulling my hair out with machinery setup

I’m struggling to understand how to setup a machine. I’m used to the intuitiveness of John Deere Greenstar.

Set up the tractor, then setup the tool width which is automatically the track width. Maybe add an offset.

These section buttons are really screwing with my head. If I choose the wrong section type, it offsets the machine.

I have a 60" system on my farm. Wheel centre to centre is 60" or 152cm.
I want to drive forward, and come back centre on centre. I’ll attatch a picture.
For all I want AgOpen to think about, it could just be a really accurate cultivator.

It’s my vegetable planter I’m trying to use. Imagine its five rows and I’m driving with my tires on rows 1 and 5, leaving vegetable beds with rows 2,3,4. When I turn around I’ll drive straight back down the tire mark. Can somebody give me a dummies explanation, maybe with pictures how I set up this machine?

Set your section width to the width of your rows, and then set the number of sections to 5

If you are trying to run back and forth on your own track width measure centre to centre of your rear tires. Lets say its 80”, so you would have one section of 80” if you have no section control or overlap to worry about. Your tool will also have to run centre of your back tires. This is how I plant and harvest potatoes single row.

If you have a tool wider than your wheels you have to set the tractors axle width to match the row spacing of the crop.

1 Like