Quick Start Guide to Software

I found my list, but unfortunately it’s for an older version (3 or 4) and too much has changed for it to be useful.

I cannot find a guide for V5, probably because it’s too new.

Perhaps I am misremembering, but I have a vague recollection of a glossary in one of the tutorials, written by @wilberttalen ?

Heh, wish I’d bothered to read this link before making my previous comment.

Nice job :slight_smile:

I think you covered what I would cover in video 1.

Video 1 -Let’s get this installed
Video 2 - let’s talk about the buttons and what they are for on the left
Video 3 - let’s talk about the bottom buttons
Video 4 - let’s get into buttons on the right
Video 5- let’s use the simulator

Ok. Now we can talk about hardware
Video 6 Connecting you GPS and using it in a simulation. I believe at this point you have a working navigation system that would allow a person to see what they have done in the field
Video 7 Connecting a PCB
Video 8 Autosteer

Video 9……

I personally would break out these into these short videos. Maybe this isn’t quite right layout but let’s get people capable of using the simulator before we add in a pcb or autosteer.

If the videos are broke out and a change happens on the bottom buttons then only small remake of the video vs 1 hour video shot and starting over.

2 Likes

See already learned something. The left buttons are very straightforward to me. Then I was trying to use buttons on the right thinking options were on the bottom. Your saying work left , bottom, right!

There is a nice glossary in the old wiki. Very helpful. Outdated but very helpful.

Yes, tractor and field settings - left.

Abdraw is the the best place to draw lines and Curves. - bottom

Pick lines or curves and drive it - right.

A lot of these are covered by Brians older videos.

But the most valuable video is still, drive in start to finish v5, yet to be made.

The problem here is watching them in the right order.

I’m up for helping out to write a comprehensive guide…

1 Like

If we have someone willing to make a video I think we should do that first then we can write the guide to follow the videos.

1 Like

My thoughts are that to do a good thorough video, we should first write up at least a list of items to cover so that the video doesn’t have to be redone too often.

Great idea. Always best to start with an outline to make sure the key points are covered.

Earlier I mentioned a list of videos. A person could do one long one. Either one long one with chapters or a bunch of short ones. I’ll support you and help!

More than anything, I think they need organising. Pretty much all of the information you need is out there, there are some genuinely good guides available, but some of it can be difficult to find especially functions beyond autosteer.

Like how to connect relays to the PCB, section wiring and control, etc.

Let’s get a group together to thrash this out.

3 Likes

Wow, sorry for my absence. You guys have done a lot of great work. We fired up the documentation Telegram group again. Do any of you guys @bluerabbit and @PotatoFarmer want in to help?

2 Likes

Yes, especially would like to help with better descriptions of tuning parameters.

4 Likes

I’m already in the Telegram group :slight_smile:

1 Like