Random GPS connection loss

While using AOG, sometimes it loses GPS connection in a seemingly random manner, but it instantly reconnects after I close and then reopen AgIO. How can I find out what causes this problem?

I use AOG on a tablet with a GNSS receiver + antenna (and another one as base for RTK corrections). The receiver is connected to the hotspot provided by the tablet. The receiver outputs its position to the network through TCP and I use STRSVR from RTKLIB on the tablet to receive the data and then output it through UDP for AgIO to use.
For example the connection loss can happen like three times a minute or no loss at all for an hour.
The receiver works fine with a different software, so it must be something else.

Thank you!

Do you have the power saving settings in windows turned off?

I also use STRSVR as described for easy bench testing but connect the GPS via bluetooth then output as UDP. Have not had disconnections so this should be possible.

1 Like

Yes, I have them off, altough it’s possible that I may have missed some obscure settings.

I realize this is an old thread but wanted to add this in case someone is searching for a possible answer.

I have been having the same issue with a Toughpad FZ-G1. There is a well known issue with the Intel AC-7260 WiFi card disconnecting. Google for it and you will find page after page of issues. Intel has discontinued the card so they are not publishing any new drivers that may correct the issue. I have tried ll the suggested remedies including installing older drivers, etc. The one that gave some relief was changing the registry setting for ScanWhenAssociated as detailed in this forum post. https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/AC-7260-frequent-ping-spikes/td-p/518777

The issue did reappear after the AP was up for over 12 hours.

Here are the steps in case the linked post disappears.

1. Open Registry Editor (Windows 8/8.1, right click where Start button was, click Run, type regedit. Windows 7, click Start, click Run, type regedit)

2. Head to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System\ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Class \ {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} [Be sure to expand the 4d36e… folder]

3. Inside will be a number of folders named 0000, 0001, 0002, etc. Look through all these folders until you get one that says Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 in the registry.

4. Once the device has been found, search for a value called ScanWhenAssociated.

5. If you see this value, set it to 0 on hexadecimal. If you don’t see the value, click edit from the top, select new, and click DWORD (32-bit) value. Rename this value to ScanWhenAssociated (exactly as shown). Make sure this value is set to 0 on hexadecimal.

6. Restart the computer. This is important. The changes won’t take effect unless you do.

1 Like