Roll corrected RTK position from AOG to other Devices with serial RS232

I think that may be an older 20/20? Mine is a Gen 3. The funny thing is all the boxes show green on the gps data in 20/20

I have connection, and it doesnt seem to matter what baud rate i use

I’m planning to give it a try on our gen 2 monitor today or tomorrow. I’ll let you know if I have the same issue

1 Like

Just idea… Try to disable digital grouping in windows regional settings?
Or switch decimal symbol/digit grouping symbol (if it is comma/poit try point/comma)?

Drove the tractor in the yard this morning. So far everything looks good on our gen 2 monitor.

1 Like

I’m trying to use GPS_OUT to send NEMA to Raven smartboom/Outback Automate for sectional control with no success yet. Manual states it requires GGA @ 5hz and VTG @5hz @19200 baud. Just wondering if the RMC messages are not allowing it work? Anyway to configure GPS OUT to only send out GGA & VTG ? Maybe I should just use the Max3232 instead?

I read it with interest. I don’t speak RTCM.
��C �� �Xv�Й�J���=�tc��P$tAF��ɟ�k/�-��������
�M�’��)sn�Ɏ�N
����U����
�w�N�sU�J��’����0 ؋��$�������������]UN�9��[u��41C���
R���F@ B��@` ���m���piP���*
*� �;-�
o���!�Ql�la�
x�X#���df���e��A\��C �����$hH��GlD�

Try the latest version from sk21’s official gps_out repo on github

You can’t read rtcm, it’s a binary stream, not an ASCII character stream like nmea sentences are.

But as far as that goes, this is also how it can look when baud rates don’t match.

1 Like

It was really missing what SK21’s GPS_out does. But it’s not claer to me, does GPS_out App send out PivotPosition over ground or roll corrected antenna position? (Hopefully Pivot Position.)

@SK21 can correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe it sends antenna position. Not pivot position.

1 Like

To connect to a CCI terminal with Deutsch plug and RS232, I need e.g. such a cable ( https://www.amazon.de/USB-auf-Serial-Adapter-RS-232-Buchse-9-polig-serielles-Prolific/dp/B08B6C1XQN/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.NeyPuIM0ikV6hxr7hFeOFjyxIP2UnP--CFci0QtR22_Re0Z9768OcjyVlHp38z2v4fwBPoz6rX7aMHZx_XSpJjGdEHVhC5D2WBCJnlTbDqfHORw5wovo4wjyEZA6zQtZ43hatTQtDQ3IaclbuhEBE5LbNNF41InOv95F4QpL2--82rz8BPmtsydLUMITu3FX7HwJ-Q2NoChuv4mrFQUlw7cK0DZhSNbp_uXglu5GQGw.fmqhI_LeKML70a5gdasUuowZfLC1zTbOePBPDbsLhEk&dib_tag=se&keywords=rs232-usb-adapter&qid=1713188676&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1&smid=AVXBDLJMD7W0C ) and build me a adapter cable from SUB9D to Deutsch?

But wouldn’t it be more logical and sensible to send out the pivotpoint position?

Roll corrected antenna is going to be more accurate. Because using the pivot point would have to apply heading

Thanks m_elias. I tried the latest GPS_OUT but still no success. Not sure why, but wiring in the Max3232 and configuring the F9P UART2 I was able to receive the correct GPS Signal.

Hm, does it make any difference in accuracy if the terminal or AOG applies the heading? But I have to take care about the settings twice.

How do you connect your tablet to the Raven smartboom/Outback Automate?

I’m not connected to the laptop, but rather the all in one V4.4 board.
Here is the thread that helped me! Thanks and credit to all of those who contributed to that thread!

Configure the F9P through U-center (remember to save configuration at the end):

Wire in the Max3232 board:

The next AOG release should include the modifications for roll corrected output, and the latest GPS_Out too.

1 Like