RTKBase: a GUI for your own Gnss Base Station

I made a video here that shows the GNSS viewer connected to the USB port (COM5) of the 1122 and tx-gnd connected to a serial converter on COM3. I play with bitrates and other settings, and this is what I get.

Maybe it’s a firmware version thing? What firmware are you running on your 1122?

afbeelding
software update?
afbeelding
Query Version successfully
Kernel Version 3.0.1
Software Version 1.7.33
Revision 2021.2.20
Query CRC successfully
System CRC: 7a0c
Query Position Rate successfully
Position Rate = 2 Hz
Query RTCM Measurement Data Out successfully
RTCM Output: Enable
Output Rate for MSM: 2Hz
Message 1005: Enable
Message 1074: Enable
Message 1084: Enable
Message 1094: Enable
Message 1104: Enable
Message 1114: Enable
Message 1124: Enable
Message 1019 interval: 3 seconds
Message 1020 interval: 3 seconds
Message 1042 interval: 3 seconds
Message 1046 interval: 3 seconds
MSM Type: MSM4

Rtknavi choose rtcm3 message

Query Version successfully
Kernel Version 3.0.1
Software Version 1.7.33
Revision 2021.4.20
Query CRC successfully
System CRC: 1ce7
Query Position Rate successfully
Position Rate = 2 Hz
Query RTCM Measurement Data Out successfully
RTCM Output: Enable
Output Rate for MSM: 2Hz
Message 1005: Enable
Message 1074: Enable
Message 1084: Enable
Message 1094: Enable
Message 1104: Enable
Message 1114: Enable
Message 1124: Enable
Message 1019 interval: 1 seconds
Message 1020 interval: 1 seconds
Message 1042 interval: 1 seconds
Message 1046 interval: 1 seconds
MSM Type: MSM4

So I’m on a newer version, I’m going to see if I can locate the version you’re on and flash that. And I’ve tried rtknavi with rtcm3 input as well, no difference. Empty file.

Dear experts, did anyone succeed in transmitting RTСM corrections to the Trimble CFX-750 device?
I did it several times and still does not work well with Trimble CFX-750 (I see only the base station ID on the display).
I’m using 1004,1006,1008,1012,1033 messages.
Maybe there is something you need to pay special attention to in the tsed and RTKBase settings?

Hello stavsrv

It is possible to search in this forum. use the magnifying glass at top right. type cfx 750 and you get answer.
One would be this post saying you cant without buying license.

1 Like

He made RTK Unlock.
Previously worked with Leica base station

1 Like

have you tried this combination 1004(1),1005(10),1007(30),1012(1),1033(30)

1 Like

My method is making the F9P coordinates translate to TSIP, but if guidance does not accept an external receiver there is no method to get the information into the guidance without major modifications.

The more I look at AOG and its ability to be altered both in hardware and software, the commercial systems are quickly loosing their appeal. Also there are so many videos of AOG driving laser straight at crushingly low speed, very impressive feat.

1 Like

The first launch is already behind me.
My setup is this.
Raspberry Pi 3A +
Ublox F9P
E32-LORA 433Mhz (not yet connected)
Unfortunately, when connecting to RTK2go.com, my account was blocked after a while.
Is it too much data or the lack of it ???
But when I logged into Emlid NTRIP everything is fine and I get correction data.
I will connect the LORA module on a weekend.
What could be the problem with RTK2go ???

1 Like

OK, what am I missing? I cannot get the main service to stay “on”. I click it on and it turns its self off with in a few seconds, I can’t see wha tthe issue is in the diagnostics page, Any Ideas?

Is it working now?

I am logging my coordinates for 36 hours. But I have no zip file. Only this ones, see picture.

Thanks Jack

afbeelding

I did not get any zip file either. I just zipped the two files (with remote access) and then used RTKBase to create the rinex file. I guess you could just download the two files and use RTK lib to create the rinex file but I find it easier to leave the task for RTKBase.

The script find only .ubx files and yours are .rtcm3.

Some more work for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am sorry for that :grimacing:
What is your planning? Or can I do it manually? If I know how and follow which steps?

Before I fix this, and for a fast workaround, you can edit the script archive_and_clean.sh and on line 33, replace
-name "*.ubx*"
with
-name "*.rtcm*"

I could probably update the complete command to
find . -maxdepth 1 -type f -mtime -1 -mmin +60 \( -name "*.rtcm*" -o -name "*.nov*" -o -name "*.oem*" -o -name "*.ubx*" -o -name "*.ss2*" -o -name "*.hemis*" -o -name "*.stq*" -o -name "*.javad*" -o -name "*.nvs*" -o -name "*.binex*" \) -exec zip -m9 ${archive_name} {} +;
or store the various extensions to search for in another file.

Hello Stefal,

I made the changes in the script as this:
find . -maxdepth 1 -type f -mtime -1 -mmin +60 \( -name "*.rtcm*" -o -name "*.nov*" -o -name "*.oem*" -o -name "*.ubx*" -o -name "*.ss2*" -o -name "*.hemis*" -o -name "*.stq*" -o -name "*.javad*" -o -name "*.nvs*" -o -name "*.binex*" \) -exec zip -m9 ${archive_name} {} +;

I do start the logging, see two files, the RTCM3 and the tag file. They are growing in mb’s after time. But after more then 12 hours, I dont know how long, maybe it hets the 24 hours, I see this:

image[1].png
The files are disapeared and there is no logging anymore.

Thanks

Jack

Having a play with this myself as possible replacement to ESPRTK that using currently, Just playing with it on a computer before putting on a pi,

Service runs etc, but cant get the --configure-gnss to work, just says no GNSS found, lsusb discovers the ublox reciever…and ideas?

Are these files present inside your data folder?

What is the remaining space on your volume? There is a bug in the current version, RTKbase deletes old log if there is less than 5GB available instead of 500MB.