RTKBase: a GUI for your own Gnss Base Station

Explain that you plan to change it in the mail you will send to caster administrator.

Hello, im in the process of setting up a ntrip base station using a f9p and raspberry pi. I plan on setting up a couple tractors using aog. However i already currently have a outback guidance system with steering wheel. I was wondering if it would possible and not to overly complicated to send the outback gps corrections from my base station and continue to use the outback system without paying a subscription?
Thanks in advance

This thread describes how to build an RTK base station and this base station can be used with any RTK capable rover (via NTRIP or radio, radio obviously needing some additional HW).

There are hundreds if not thousands of different rovers, at least tens from outback I assume. I’d prefer brand specific rover discussions on some other thread to keep this one easy enough to follow for the original purpose: build an RTK base.

4 Likes

I wanted to install the new one RTKBase 2.4.0 for Easy installation
But this is what I got after sudo ./install.sh --all
“wrong option, please choose release, repo, url or bundled”
New 2.4.0 version should it be installed differently?
Best regards !

sudo ./install.sh --all release

I’ve updated the readme.

2 Likes

RTKBase v2.4.0 is available!

You can install update your existing RTKBase by clicking the “Check Update” button.
The updating process could take up to 10 minutes.
You have to refresh the webpage in your browser.

New ready to flash images will be available soon.

Changelog

[2.4.0] - 2023-02-20

Added

• GUI → Settings: Added a 2nd NTRIP output. #240
  • GUI → Settings: Added features to backup, restore and reset RTKBase settings.
  • GUI → Settings: Added a button to detect and/or configure the gnss receiver. #70
  • GUI → Settings: Added a button to show/hide the Ntrip passwords. Thanks to @GwnDaan #208
  • GUI → Settings: Added Gnss receiver informations (Model and firmware release).
  • GUI → Settings: Added Operating system informations.
  • GUI → Settings: Alert when user wants to leave the page with unsaved settings. #235
  • GUI → Status: Added tooltip on the blue pin to explain that it’s a coarse location. #247
  • GUI → Status: Added an alert if the main service isn’t active.
  • GUI → Logs: Added 3 more Rinex presets, and modified rinex window layout. #43 #134 #190 #200
  • Bidirectionnal communication with the gnss receiver is enabled. #277
  • More informations are available in the local caster source table. #183
  • Port number for the web server is configurable in settings.conf

Changed

• RTKLib upgraded to release b34g from rtklibexplorer. #222
  • RTKLib binaries are bundled for armv6l, armv7l, aarch64, x86. Compilation from source isn’t needed anymore for these platforms.
  • Command line: Many changes on install.sh arguments/options. See install.sh --help
  • Flask upgraded to v2.2.2 and other dependencies upgraded too.
  • SocketIO upgraded to v4.4.1
  • Bootstrap upgraded to v4.6.1
  • Bootstrap-table upgraded to v1.21.1
  • Password for local caster isn’t mandatory anymore. Thanks to @GwnDaan #210
  • Change socketio connection method. Thanks to @jaapvandenhandel
  • Change 127.0.0.1 to localhost for better ipv6 support. Thanks to @by

Fixed

• GUI → Status: Sat. levels and coordinates are set to zero in case of a signal interruption. #164
  • GUI → Status: Sat. levels are left align. Thanks to @GwnDaan #72
  • GUI → Status: New provider for OpenStreetMap HOT tiles.
  • GUI: After a RTKBase update, the browser won’t use the old javascript files anymore (cache busting). #217
  • Remaining space check could not work with non english shell. Thanks to @GwnDaan #213
  • GUI → Settings: No more “bounce” issues with the switches. Thanks to @GwnDaan
  • Max Cpu temp was not updated when no user were connected. Thanks to @GwnDaan
  • GUI → Settings: Check update now display an error in case of a connection error. Thanks to @GwnDaan #221
  • GUI → Logs: Better logs table behaviour on mobile devices.
  • Grep pattern fixed on PPS example. Thanks to @by.
7 Likes

Ok, fair enough, just wondering if you know if there is already an existing suitable thread to poise my questions about outback? Thanks.

Ok so lets say you set up your antenna in not a great location but already have set up a mount point and corrections with rtk2go. Is it just a matter of moving your antenna and changing the lat. Long. And height to the new position or do you have to do other things to prevent from getting banned from rtk2go?
Thanks

Hy, Stefal, I noticed a small mistake I think. In /status no satelite strong info grafic, Latitude Longitude and Height changes every second, but do not see the strength of the satellites. I tried it in another web browser as well.
But I noticed when I go into the /settings and Main service OFF and ON after back /status move 2second grafic and doesn’t move. Laitude and Longitude changing numbers in 1 second.

Thanks for your report. Is this an update or a new installation ?

Please don’t try to update or install this new release right now. !!!

1 Like

Ok, I found my mistake… a strange one.

@bumabacha if you want to fix this without reinstalling RTKBase,

• stop rtkbase_web sudo systemctl stop rtkbase_web
  • go to rtkbase/web_app cd ~/rtkbase/web_app
  • delete rtkcontroller rm RtkController.py
  • get the new one wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Stefal/rtkbase/master/web_app/RtkController.py -O RtkController.py
  • restart the web server sudo systemctl start rtkbase_web
1 Like

It’s fixed, and I’ve pushed a new release 2.4.0

2 Likes

new installation. Debian 11 (Bullseye)

Is working :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi guys i have a question i have a base station how may rovers can i have with 1 base stattion

I don’t know the answer to your question, I don’t think anyone can predict the answer. As many as the server can handle, thousands should be no problem.

If you were to ask “is it possible to have up to 50 rovers connected to a single base?” then the answer is yes, no problem.

You’re using radio? Isn’t that like asking how many listeners a radio station can broadcast to? The limit is really only line of sight. could have thousands. The signal radiates in all directions from your base station antenna.

Sure it’s technically true that a radio receiver does attenuate the signal in the vicinity of its aerial (shadow). But practically it makes no difference to other radio receivers unless they were very close.

1 Like

I am trying to optimise NTRIP traffic, am only using GPS+GAL MSM7 for the caster now. The caster however will show the mountpoint in its homepage table as having GPS+GLO+GAL+BDS+QZS. It is probably showing all it receives from the F9P. When offering more than one stream with different message configurations it would be nice to announce the correct info about the stream, is there a way to achieve this?

RTKBase 2.4.1 is available!

Changelog

[2.4.1] - 2023-02-26

Fixed

• GUI → Settings: Fixed GNSS detect & configure. #303
4 Likes