Running f9p in south america

Hi everyone, I’m about to buy the c099 f9p module to get started with AOP. My question is if this module has satellite coverage in Argentina? Thank you so much

1 Like

You are buying a GNSS receiver, GNSS stands for Global Navigation Satellite System. Argentina is part of it. See some satellite visibility calculators for different systems at your position, e.g. Trimble:
https://www.gnssplanning.com

3 Likes

F9P is not region locked like most of the big brands, or function locked in any fashion. You are getting all the features including RTK, but you will need a second F9P, or access to a base station network to use the RTK.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your contributions, I misinterpreted the ublox datasheet where it says that C099 F9P-0 is for Asia and other regions, C099 F9P-1 is for Europe, Russia, USA and Canada.

1 Like

Thank you very much for collaborating, I had a confusion with the google translation about the f9p-0 and f9p-1 regions. Regarding the rtk base station I am looking at tutorials to assemble it, thank you very much.

1 Like

Comprala tranquilo, hace años las uso, 0 problema

2 Likes

A good point anyway the C099 market variants. I couldn’t find any detailed description of the differences. Is it about Bluetooth/WLAN radio or something else?

1 Like

Hi, I’m in France and I use the c099-f9p-2 (for US) it work good. I didn’t try wifi.

1 Like

Captura de pantalla (9)

Muchas gracias por responder, calculo que la diferencia radica en la licencia SmartNet.

it works well with the antenna that comes with the kit or did you change it?
Thank you so much.

Pretty sure the only difference would be something to do with frequencies available to the internal WiFi chip. Either way it would work fine for you. The bundled antenna should work fine. It seems to be pretty much the equivalent of the ANN-MB unit most of us use. Stick it on a metal backplane though.

1 Like

Antenna from the kit work good, the round metal plate is include to the kit.

1 Like

I am in Canada and am about to purchase the C099-F9P-1 as well to get an RTK fix for my existing rover F9P. How can I get information on how to connect to the base station (C099-F9P-1) through agopengps to get an RTK fix? Also is anyone using a 3dr radio to transmit the signal between the base and rover (trying to make the system not rely on wifi or bluetooth)?

1 Like

hello, I’m just putting together the pcb, the c099 f9p board will only arrive in April, so until then I can only read what my colleagues post, greetings.

You can use any radio system that supports serial communication. I use radios from Digi that transmit currently at 57600 baud. My goal is to have a dual system that transmits over the internet via NTRIP and also radio. I have a little toggle switch on the receiver side of thing that selects between the bluetooth data line and the serial data line that comes from the radio. Works pretty well. This is all feeding the F9P RX2 line directly, not coming through USB serial from AOG.

1 Like