Section control for the central unit

You can use ARAG Armature Kits

https://www.spritzenteile.de/arag-and-braglia-control-units/Amature-kits/

You need at least the main control valve with prop valve, filter, a flow meter, and keep an eye on the bypass functionality of the section valve block.

I intend to buy arag Bravo 180 regulator. They wanted 2500 Euros in Turkey. The sprayer I have is only worth 1000 Euros. I intend to take the regulator and modify it using tiny DC motors. First of all, I will order the pcb from China and start the project.

TRY 146.54 15%OFF | NPT 3/4 "DN20 su bakır pirinç Hall akış sensörü türbin ölçer

1 Like

DC motorların güçlü olması ve dış etkenlerden korunması gerek, 4-5 bar basınçta bile motor zorlanır ve valfi açmaz, debimetreye gelince malesef Çin mallarının hata oranı çok büyük, 30 litreyi 35 ya da 25 litre olarak ölçebilir, valf yerine solenoid kullansan olmaz mı? Elimde 2. el solenoidler olması gerek bakarım senin için.

My goal is to make a professional machine at the lowest cost. If my budget fits the parts you have, I would be very pleased. I get rid of a lot of unnecessary hassle.

Best budget option is manually calculate L/ha for one speed that you will spray and use simple solenoid valve to close section.

Pressure regulator will keep constant pressure so flow to nozzle is not increased and L/ha will be constant.

1 Like

There is the lechler nozzle program in the android operating system. I use it to adjust the flow with pressure. When there is a manual regulator, the pressure increases when the section is closed. I need to work on a regulator that can control flow or pressure in a simple way.

1 Like

Simple excel calculator works too when you don’t know what nozzles you have you can put bottle under nozzle and measure how many L for 1 min and take average at least one nozzle for section and it doubles as test for clogged/worn out nozzle.

1 Like

that parts look a little bit like my home automation project. Works fine for potable water so far, but I’ve doubs, if it is suitable for chemicals or liquids with higher viscosity as well. But Ali sells some stuff for farming as well…

2 Likes

Hello,
I have modified @MTZ8302 sketch a little bit to get it working with @GoRoNb PCB and ESP32 (!).
Atmel is already working completely, e.g. @Vili.

My setup is AIO 4.2 STD and AOG 5.7.3.1 which will send data via Wifi to Gorm PCB.

At the moment there is only one problem that the sketch can’t read back the status of the section switches to AOG. Perhaps Matthias and Gorm can improve the sketch in the next months. I think that would be a huge improvement for AOG and section control based on a solid PCB.

Perhaps @Vili can provide a 3D printable housing that fits perfectly to Gorm’s PCB.

If there are any questions please us this thread.

Link to sketch: GitHub - tnt-lr-3800/AOG_SectionControl_ESP32: Section Control for AgOpenGPS for ESP32 based on GormR Section-Rate-Control-PCB

Hey @Tom68,

I’ve been looking into Mtz8302’s section control too, and found this thread, I see you already got these two separate designs working together.
I want to incorporate the boom control, I already have a separate system for that but it’s nice to incorporate it into one PCB. One thing I dont fully understand. @MTZ8302 uses a ESP32, while @GoRoNb uses a Atmel on his PCB right? what are the pro’s and con’s of this.

my goal would be to have a sprayer control board connected by ethernet to my network with V4.1Micro AGIO board.
i have a +/- motor on my sprayer which could then be controlled too.

What does the PCB you use look like?

I’m using Gorm’s PCB which can be found here: https://github.com/GormR/HW_for_AgOpenGPS/tree/main/section_and_rate_control_unit
There you can also read the differences between ESP32 and Atmel.

There is already a working sketch with Atmel while ESP32 sketch has a few TODO’s left.
I would use ESP32 especially because of WIFI functionality in combination with AIO PCB. Gorm’s PCB does not allow to use LAN at the moment.

I have the 4.1 STD AOG board and noticed the pins to go to your central board.
Is this board able to work with my current AOG 4.1 board or be able to use network cable to network switch to connect the board to AOG? Does this board require a md13s and micro controller?

Looking for best solution to operate sprayer rate with flow meter and control valve and section valves.
Bildschirmfoto vom 2022-01-03 15-51-40