Seeding and hoeing on slopes

Well with dual antenna we can essentially place the antenna anywhere, as with 2 reference points, you can calculate any location…

1 Like

I disagree. I don’t think it’s anything to do with antenna location. The issue is how heading is used to assume the vehicle is heading toward the line when actually it is in a state of equilibrium somewhere off line.

This is also what I experience during seeding. (I have Brian’s pcb with sparkfun 8252 mma and brickv2 on roof, single antenna with rtk).
With a seeding combination in the three point hitch (very common in Europe) the tractor drifts a few degrees. When the tractor gets from the line aog setpoint to steer it back is reached very nicely but it isn’t enough to steer it back to the line (from what I understand aog “thinks” it is steering towards the line because of the measured heading, but that is drift and not helping the tractor back)
So it stays a distance from the line forever (if the drift remains constant). It would be really nice if the steering angle was increased with an integral value when this happens, but I understand it isn’t a simple job to implement this…

edit: I see this has been discussed about in a few newer topics.

Check the Drive version! It has an integral part (but some other AOG features are missing like auto U-Turn.)

Thanks! I will try this next time in the field! Didn’t know about this version

I still think that sidehill needs a multiplier value that is easy to get to in aog. So that the math calculating the actual antenna position when tilted is exaggerated so it puts the antenna above the actual line. It would have to be changed a little hear and there when switching implements, but short of a GPS antenna on the tool, it seems like a practical approach. I realize coming from a hillside to flat ground there would be error, but I think it would be in the millimeters only. I haven’t played with the integral, it may doing that already.
Edit
Example : Antenna height 110 inches(sorry I’m old school America), roll 7 degrees is 13.405 inches of correction needed. A roll of 1/2 degree is .96 inches correction. If a variable of .1 we staken from the results roll correction would then be 12.065, a difference of 1.34 inches. That same 1/2 degree onnflat ground of .96 offset would now be .863, an error of .097 inch, or 2.46MM. I believe the error on flat ground could be reduced by a compound variable.