Self-propelled sprayer owners - data collection?

Would there be any volunteers to provide some data from self-propelled sprayers? Looking mostly at things like speed, engine power demand, fuel consumption etc. Basic parameters that would be available from the vehicle bus.

I would want to do a more detailed concept study of a fully electric self-propelled sprayer based on actual operational data. If you are interested, please PM.

How do you propose to collect this data?

1 Like

Even diesel electric would be awesome on a sprayer. Hydros run at over 6000 psi. Slightest bit of contamination and the oil can literally cut through steel. Not to mention heat. A farmer in Montana has been developing electronic drive systems to retrofit to existing hydrostatic sprayers. I know he has several prototypes out running, but not sure what the overall status is and when it would actually come to market. https://esprayers.com/. Also there’s this italian company making electric motor and hubs: FARM SHOW Magazine - The BEST stories about Made-It-Myself Shop Inventions, Farming and Gardening Tips, Time-saving Tricks & the Best Farm Shop Hacks, DIY Farm Projects, Tips on Boosting your farm income, time-saving farming advice, farming tractors and Agriculture equipment reviews

I will provide a “black box” that hooks up to CAN of the sprayer. That’s in principle. Details must be then looked at depending on sprayer type. Either plug-n-play to a diagnosis connector or then coming over and installing the stuff (depending on location)

@torriem thanks for the link, looks interesting! Just looked at the Bonfiglioli hubs a couple of weeks back, I think they showed some of those at Conexpo as well.