SMD PCB Project for an all-in-one compact PCB for AOG/QOG

Oops I misunderstood this. I thought you said before to leave one out in case of a new wheel angle sensor, but you meant the wire of the cable, not the foot of the connector. I misread

Schermafbeelding 2021-03-14 om 18.24.56 PM

no prob if you’ve a WAS dedicated to AOG.

And honestly, U2 looks well-soldered! :+1:

Don’t forget to remove R97 and (R100 + R101) or (R43 + R46) (see Git doc) depending on the function you intent on the M12-D

USB-C PD

Harder than expected

Hrm… sounds familiar :stuck_out_tongue:

I do happen to be working on a USB PD project (Active Probe Control/Power Prototypes · Issue #3 · azonenberg/starshipraider · GitHub), and I’m using the FUSB302, which does have an arduino library, so a potential solution is to use that and stick some arduino-compatible MCU on there for PD.

2 Likes

your hint is very much appreciated! I didn’t look at OnSemi because we’ve the best support for ST and TI in the company… :man_facepalming:

Candidates I was checking so far:

• STUSB1602 (has an eval board with schematic, which is very close to what I need)
  • TPS2661x (nice applications notes available from TI as well: 1 and 2)
  • VI-102 (this one I found in an USB hub on Amazon, but no suitable doc)

Schematic draft, but no software yet:
grafik

At least, the DC/DC seems no prob so far… :wink:

FUSB302 seems very nice as it has I²C for all. Seems possible to use the Arduino for that… let’s see…

Maybe you could elaborate a bit more on the 3 options for USB-4 on github? It was unclear to me and I just ordered without checking.
For example, if I want to use external rooftop unit with USB through M12-D, I should remove the U19 chip and R100+R101?
What is the ARDU1 connector?

Edit: R97 I’ll remove as stated in one of the posts above (option for ESP32 or so).

I also ordered my PCBs with all options mounted as it is very easy to unmount devices with the help of a pair of tweezers and hot air.

USB through M12-D: yes, correct! Of course, you can also bent pins 5+6 of U19 up with the help of a soldering iron or simply cut them.

The ARDU1 connector was added in V1.5 to connect one Ardusimple via Pixhawk (see changelog.txt). You want to use dual-heading, right? So no disadvantage not to have it.

What I didn’t get so far is whether you want to connect the rooftop unit via USB or Ethernet.

1 Like

I was keeping both options open so far. I was determined to go ethernet for quick reconnections, but with the AgIO plans and this neat 1 USB-C solution I’m not so sure. Wouldn’t need a ethernet switch box too, so I’ll probably keep it at USB all together.

Update to V1.8: The ESP32 is now compatible to @MTZ8302’s firmware, if used. In that case, hold U5 in reset by setting a jumper on H1 2-3.

If i need 12V led for autosteer status, can connect on CN17 connector ?

Steer Pin to lamp LED +

batt+ to lamp LED -

So, when i close the circuit between batt + and steer, the current flow to led lamp.

yes, but the other way round: battery+ → switch, switch → LED+(anode), LED-(cathode) → pin4, CN17.

Don’t forget to set J7, so that this input is the only one for “steer enable”. Otherwise, the voltage for the motor driver would do the same.

like this ?

foot switch

not sure, but is there a reason, why you have to switch GND? I would simply connect CN17, pin 1 and CN17, pin 4 to the foot switch. That should be all you need

IF i press the foot switch, so i make an impulse beetween pin 1 and pin 4,

then pin 1 remain to gnd as long as autosteer is enable.

it is correct ?

My electronic skills are very low

BTN8982TAAUMA1 is out of stock, so i think for christmas the pcb will be ready for shipping. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

no, pin1 is Batt+ fused and pin4 is the steer input. Unlike Brian’s suggestion (= switching to GND) I’ve used standard logic: +12V = active. There is a transistor in between for protecting the µC from anythink that may break it. This guy inverts again, so that Brian’s code keeps working.

OMG, all modern power semiconductors seem to be on allocation. Bad news for us as hobbyists…

The only way is to complete the board by hand.

well… no… digikey: 0 in stock, Mouser: 0 in stock… Or you’re very lucky to get some somewhere.

Still waiting for components for pcb v2 from Digikey

By the time stock is back AOG V6 is gonna rock.

Hopefully next winter lots of stock, so i can get multiples of this smd board built.

Having this in mind, I’m really happy to have ordered these prototypes at the right time… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hi! Tell me where can i buy a pcb house like yours?

The link is mentioned in my Git repo