So I updated to 4.3.10 and it won't steer

Even in the drive tab what do I need to do to fix it
I know it’s not the motor driver or connections to the nano
My nano still gives me all the data from the ADS so I don’t think its blown but I dont know for sure
It shows that my steer switch is enabled (it has a 5 in the “from module” line)
I’m just not quite sure what I’ve done wrong

I suppose it is 4.3.10, but maybe reading this thread can help you. No Steering output

It is and thanks

Edit
This has all been done on mine so I guess I’m up a creek

Did you jumper pins on Steer switch input if you don’t have a steer button?

Hi Confused

So where are you in this long proces ?

Did you manage to get it to work after the burn, or what really happened.

When you post it so many places it is hard to follow you.

Did you upload the settings from AOG to nano and with correct motor driver and other settiongs? (it is named: send to module.
Did you before that upload to Nano, the autosteer_usb_4.3.10 ino from support folder (with arduino program)

So I updated to 3.4.10 and it won’t steer

It is and thanks Edit This has all been done on mine so I guess I’m up a creek

1 day

So I updated to 3.4.10 and it won’t steer

Even in the drive tab what do I need to do to fix it I know it’s not the motor driver or connections to the nano My nano still gives me all the data from the ADS so I don’t think its blown but I dont know for sure It shows that my steer switch is enabled (it has a 5 in the “from module” line) I’…

4 days

Help with a blown PCB

Autosteer

I have the WAS connected and working What are these other settings?

4 days

Help with a blown PCB

Autosteer

The pcb still powers up but it won’t steer it gives me all the readings and such but it won’t steer I think I’ve narrowed it down to either the nano or the motor driver and I’m really hoping it’s the motor driver because I soldered the nano in without the plugs because they were backordered so now …

4 days

Bugs v4.3.10

Bugs-requests

We have as many half sections as quarter sections on our farm

21 May

Help with a blown PCB

Autosteer

O I meant to ask will it still steer with that wire blown? Because that’s why I noticed in the first place is because it wouldn’t steer

21 May

Help with a blown PCB

Autosteer

No it’s not

21 May

Help with a blown PCB

Autosteer

Ok so I’ve been looking at schematics some more and I’m not sure that that connection is even doing anything even so I have put wires in where I think they will connect between it [15900307567042425742857692011604]

21 May

Loss of USB connection Autosteer Module

Getting Started

I dont know I’m using a valve and very tiny wires seem to work fine I’m usi

Hi sorry for posting in several places idk how not to
I have not gotten it working after the burn
I have uploaded the correct arduino code and sent the correct settings to the module

From what I can tell the burn shouldn’t affect anything but it might have blown something else although I know it’s not the motor driver or the connection from the nano
That seems to leave only the nano unless it’s a problem with something I put in in the app
The reason i doubt it’s the nano is because it gives me all the correct readings from the steer switch, WAS, and DOG2

No the burnt connection is not the problem.
Please post a foto showing your pcb and motor driver and the connecting wires.
Then we all know for sure what we are talking about, so we can figure out what is the trouble.

I don’t have it with me atm but tomorrow I can grab it from the field

I don’t really know how to get a good picture but here’s a picture I dont know how helpful it’ll be.
20200528_160241

Quite helpfull !

Are you sure you have 5 v on the pcb when you power it up WHITHOUT usb ?
Edit: Actually if LED1 lights up you should have 5v on both the WAS and the 5v out, but still without usb.
What type of motor are you using?

You have taken 12 V to motor driver from the small 12 v output that has max 3A (through D2)
That is the reason the silver ring on D2 looks less silvery than it should.(has probably been hot at some time)

12 V to motor driver must be taken direct from 12v out (big green screw terminal).

The led lights up when the usb is disconnected

I am using hydraforce valves

Good, but still move that 12 v supply to 12v out :slight_smile: I know valves only use around 1 A, but could still cause voltage drop on the rest of PCB.

I think you have confirmed earlier that valves work when pressing MA and MB buttons on the motor driver, so it must be your settings in AOG that fails.
So for a start please post pictures of prtscr like those I have attached
I use IBT_2 so that is why it is chosen as motor driver.
The green blurred dot at the right indicates that your steer switch is on. (your white wire is on as switch) if you take it off it turns red.
The steering wheel at most down right, must be blue with filled green, when in a field following an AB line. The R tells you have chosen to use the Remote switch and not M for manual activation of autosteer.

Ok will do when I get a chance

Ok so ik the dot is red rn but it was green when the module was connected I have module at home and the computer in the tractor so I cant get a pic of them connected
20200529_171555 20200529_171636

Looks ok, it doesn´t matter for testing if autosteer is set to Manual or Remote. (probably you couldn´t turn autosteer on if set to R, when pcb is not there)

So reassemble and recheck if wheels steer when MA or MB button are pressed.

And tell how much proportional gain you have set.

It does steer with the MA and MB buttons
My proportional gain is at approximately 75

Your first post about updating to 4.3.10, was a couple of days before latest fixes for 4.3.10.
So delete absolutely everything related to AOG, and start a fresh install, with new settings etc.
Remember also to upload the newest ino to the nano
Start a new field, as you deleted all the old ones.

2 Likes

I will try that

Thanks it worked

2 Likes