No Steering output

Can anyone help.
Attached is the image of my PCB and Cytron driver
Basically there is no Output to the steering motor however I can use the Test switches on the driver board and the motor works.

Have I missed something with wiring the Cytron to the board?

From Cytron PCB
DIR YELLOW. DIR1
PWM. WHITE. PWM1
NC RED. PWM2
GND. BLACK. GND

On the PCB V2 I have the same wire colours at the same pins.

1st THE RED WIRE OF THE CYTRON MUST NOT CONNECTED.
for it to work, you must plug in the angle sensor, making sure not to stop it either on the right or on the left, put a sufficient speed in the simulator activate the autoguiding and the swicth or button

I should have mentioned that I don’t have the Cytron NC pin connected but why would it matter if it was connected to pretty much anywhere.

Steer switch must be active whether using a button or switch base don the INO settings

I did cut the red thus disconnecting it and it wouldn’t work. However it’s only taped so I can undo it again if necessary.

I later discovered that I had Proportional Gain at Zero after changing it higher the motor now works with everything including the red wire connected…

Why do I need to remove the red wire? Is it just not required at all?

1 Like

Red wire now removed :slight_smile: just testing in the yard at the moment. It doesn’t look like it’s made a difference.

Cheers everyone for the help so far! Field test next!! Then I’m going to have a crack at section control

Where did you adjust the proportional gain? I’m having the exact same problem. Motor works with the manual switches on the board but nothing else. I am getting 5v on the dir pin but nothing on PWM 1