Speed for SprayMate ii

Working with trying to give a spray mate 2 a speed reading previously they had a Trimble 500 somehow giving it a speed signal.

This diagram says signal, power and ground. Any thoughts on how to wire it?

My first thought is to use Speed Power with a resistor to pull-up on Speed Signal and Connect Speed Signal & Speed GND to the AIO speed pulse output.

So the resistor would ensure it is logic high then speed pulse could pull it down. Hadn’t thought of that! Thanks.

For that resistor valve, the Teensy internals are like 20k, would that be the magic number for the external pull-up?

I just changed our raven controller form GPS speed to AOG speed signal. I had to change the input on the Raven to wheel sensor, and the used the signal and ground wires connceted to PCB V4.1. And then enter the correct speed calibration factor.

So on the PCB you connected the ground from the raven to the speed- on the pcb and signal to the speed+ ?

Yep, the pcb 4.1 has a diode. If it doesn’t work flip the wires around. See if that works.

I am trying to connect my raven scs 460 to sectional control also. What did you use for the correct speed calibration factor? Is there a guide somewhere that I haven’t found to control the raven with AOG? I assume I have to get some relays and a nano?

I’d try something lower like 1k

For kph I entered 10 as speed cal, you have to set it to SP1 , for mph I’d assume it should be 16. Just punch in a number and check if it matches AOG. If not fiddle with it till it does.

Mind you that was for a scs440. I’d assume the other controllers would be very similar though.