Starfire 3000 Tilt compensation

Ye I just connected it straight to a usb so I need to make the harness with an rs232 conecrion in the end with a USB adapter??

Different application but I used this cobbled together board to communicate with an AGI-3 over RS232.

B59832F3-BDAD-441B-88C4-909B4A10F83E

USB may mean “universal serial bus” but it’s not the same as RS232 serial. I hope your USB port on your laptop still works. The fact that your screen turned off is worrisome as that is likely the result of shorting out something somehow.

Yes you’ll need your harness to end in a DB9 connector, and then attach that to a USB to Serial adapter. The “TX” pin on the 3000 should connect to the “RX” of the Serial adapter. I think this means the TX from the 3000 should go to pin 2 of the DB9, and the RX pin 3. If the data doesn’t show up, try swapping pins 2 and 3, or use a null modem adapter in there. Ground is always pin 5 on the DB9.

Also be sure to use a USB to Serial adapter that is RS232, not TTL. The signals coming from the 3000 are RS232.

Something like this would work: Amazon.ca

Do I give the rs232 connection a positive and a ground or will that fry the laptop??

Only use TX, RX, and ground to the DB9 connector.

Got the receiver working configured it on a 2630 display connected it to AOG but still saying initial setting??

19200 baud rate
5 hz
GGA

Im using an SF3000 at the moment 11500 baud, 10hz (but works at any setting as long as they match)

Are you sure your connected to correct serial port, and that serial port is turned on on the reciever? and you have wired to correct pin on back of starfire unit?

What’s the serial port on the receiver??
And correct serial port??