Super cool steering motor mount on YouTube!

what is the diameter to your crown below the steering wheel ?
12 cm ?

Yes, no reduction - direct drive. However, my very first setup had larger wheels and the motors got hot very quickly. They still get pretty warm now, but not enough to cause problems - at lease not yet ! I do have a couple of spare motors with me. Perhaps I have too much pwm but I find this helps the accuracy.
The motors are very powerful - I am careful not to have my thumb inside the steer wheel as if I press the button before being lined up it will jerk sharp one way to get on line (I donā€™t use auto turn as my implement is mounted ). They donā€™t appear to slip at all with the rubber covered wheels ( it seems to get tacky, and grip well), unless I forget to put the spring on !
I leave the spring attached all day pretty much unless going on the road. Even then I have been known to forget, as the difference is negligible. There is a slight resistance but I think its just friction - not any hold from the motors.
Clement - my crown wheel is a lot larger than that - approx. 20cm - but Iā€™m sure it would work with a smaller one. A lot depends on how ā€˜easyā€™ your power steering is now, I would say.
Prop:15
Output:18
Min Pwm:50

2 Likes

thanks you very much for your response
would it be possible to get the link to your rubber wheel?

Canā€™t remember exactly which ones but similar to these. https://www.amazon.co.uk/sourcing-map-Vibration-Isolators-Absorber/dp/B07PZK6LNS/ref=sr_1_47?dchild=1&keywords=female+rubber+bobbins&qid=1588068568&sr=8-47

I had to get 6mm female and drill out to 8mm to screw onto the motor spindle ( to try and get as small an overall diameter as possible.

3 Likes

@rikko could you please tell me the motor controller you are using?
As you say the resistance during manual turn of the wheel is low.
I heard the Cytron creates resistance when steering is disabled.

Thanks.

Hi
Iā€™m using a Cytron MD30S, as I also bought a 57C hydraulic valve when gathering everything together. Not sure why, but I got the impression from studying different threads that I would be better with the heavier duty driver for controlling a valve.
As it turned out I decided to try the dual motor setup first, and as it had gone so well the hydraulic valve might not get fitted!
Anyway, there is definitely no electrical resistance to the motors when Autosteer is not enabled. As Iā€™ve said before there may be just a bit of friction which contributes to slightly harder steering at the ends of the field.

Hello Greg,

I have seen the New Motor System on the New Holland T6 on Youtube. Montage FARMTEK sur HEW HOLLAND T6 T7 - YouTube
Which Motors do you use for it? Are These gimbal Motors?

Regards, Peter

2 Likes

In reply to the New Holland T6 video -
Thatā€™s a fantastic system. Is that available to purchase as a unit?

Iā€™am pretty sure he is using the JD-Power DCH-3514C motors: Product - Huizhou JD-power Technology Co.,Ltd

3 Likes

Did i miss the STL file or was it not posted for Gregā€™s set up?

I think he is using JD-power DCH-3518C. They are higher torque and lower rpms.

Driver to control motors it is L6235D from ST.

3 Likes

http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/1877635.pdf

Hello,
What motor controler can I use for this motor?

Hello Greg, I am relatively new to aog, and just saw your motor setup. It looks to be very well thought out!
I also have a fendt 926, and was wondering if you would be willing to share your builder files?
Thanks for your time,
Steve.