Translating

Is there like a excel spreadsheet template? I wanted to try to translate AgOpenGPS to Estonian if that is possible?

1 Like

No, we’re not using that any more - videos and I’m also having a look at a standalone help solution as well.

Hi the Youtube playlist for AGO Version 6 is in English only, subtitles included. I propose to generate the subtitles in French. Our French community of users need it as we now deploy version 6 whereas all tutorials in French are version-5-and-below based. Let me know if I taht can help. I’ll be happy to support. regards. Nicolas

2 Likes

You are right thanks ! I check and realise the only one missing subtitles is #2 configuration and 1st run.

Use “auto-translate” instead, I’ve stopped adding individual subtitles on. I get the English ones right, and then let Auto do the rest.

3 Likes

Hi i think when i made this topic there might have been a misunderstanding. I wasnt asking for tutorial videos in diffrent laungages but translating the actual software. I have figured out how to do it so i dont need help with that.

2 Likes

Yes sorry. I looked for the better approaching forum to post my question ;-). With Andyinv answer, we reached the end of the game…for the tuto one ! regards

1 Like

Hello, I want to ask one more time. Is there like a XLSX file template in English that can be modified to translate AgOpenGPS into a different language? I have seen some forum posts that people use it, but I am wondering if it is still being used. I am specifically talking about translating the SOFTWARE, all the text, labels, and buttons, stuff like that. I am not asking for video translations or anything like that; I think there was some confusion before. And this language isnt already in AgOpenGPS i want to translate it into estonian.

There is no more XLSL file.

So actually, I have been doing this the whole time, but not all of the labels and things are there. I looked at some old XLSX files, and they had everything and seemed way better, but maybe they were a pain to use? But yeah, I have actually been messing around with this RESX file, but I couldn’t get the language changing to work with it, and I guess it’s not really possible.

Can´t see why it should not be possible. Gameo posted in the other thread he did it for Swedish!
The xlsx files were originally (4 years ago) used by Brian to make the resx file, but not all english terms were ever translated. In the xlsx file you see country names as two letter, German is DE so all the German translations will be in the gStr.de.resx file. I am sure that if you change a German value there it will work (first just try one line in your language) and after compiling as Gameo say, then select German language in AOG, and you should see that translation in your language. Then AOG know to go to the de file, and look for the English text but display the “German value”/your value. Never change the English text in the German file. AND do not touch gStr.resx because it is the English “default” language!!!

I don’t think it is necessary to choose a language. I never did.
According Microsoft documentation:

Imagine your site receives a request for a “Welcome” resource using culture “fr-CA”. The localization system looks for the following resources, in order, and selects the first match:

Welcome.fr-CA.resx
Welcome.fr.resx
Welcome.resx (if the NeutralResourcesLanguage is “fr-CA”)

I suppose you changed the values in gStr.resx file to Swedish, that way getting Swedish as default language

I’ am not Swedish. I can’t speak that.
I was surprised that the language was Dutch.
Schermafdruk van 2024-06-23 21-45-54
If i change the locale to French:
Schermafdruk van 2024-06-23 21-45-01

This is RateController in a dotnet environment.

Yes, I know this. However, not all the labels are in the resx files. The only way would be to translate as much as I can in the resx file and then modify the text labels and buttons myself in Visual Studio 2022. This way, it comes default with the software, but it’s somewhat janky because if a new version of AgOpenGPS comes out, you can use the old resx file, but you have to manually modify all the labels and buttons that aren’t in the resx file again.