Transmission with belt and pulleys

Hello everyone, I hope everyone is well and have a happy year.

I would like to thank the developers for their great work and their community spirit.

This is my first publication, I write from Spain.
I’ve been reading and planning my project for long time.

My intention is to use the future, all-in-one compact PCB, that @Valentin is developing (I look forward to it!).
I already have a Panasonic FZ-G1 (from e-bay) and the ArdusimpleRTKB2B set. I have gotten RTK with no problem with the free public service of caster NTRIP.

As for the motor, I have found this one on Aliexpress:

[Motor CNXCI 60PG60S](https://es.aliexpress.com/item/1005001644698564.html spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.511a2e0e6b5uJJ)

The 1:5.2 ratio show similar characteristics to the Pidghet. 665rev / min with higher torque (10.2Kg.cm). The final price is very good. What do you think?

Regarding the transmission to steering wheel, my idea is to implement a very interesting handmade system that here in Spain is widespread in Cerea gps users. It is a set of two aluminum pulleys for HTD 5M belt. Apparently its benefit with respect to printed gear systems is in the smaller size and much less noise.

The transmission ratio between the pulleys is 1:6 (steering wheel at 100 rev/min) which is achieved with pulleys of 12 (diameter: 19cm) and 72 teeths (114cm). The set on Aliexpress is about 35€. It is used for 3D printers.

This is the idea:

IMG_88844
b7u
IMG_8889.PNG
IMG_8887.PNG
IMG_8886.PNG
IMG_8888.PNG

I will report my progress.

3 Likes

I use that motor, for the moment it works perfect :grin:

I use gears system.