Transparent Icons

I was watching my daughter play a video game on her tablet and she would hit a small magnifying glass on the screen and it would extreme zoom to the center of the screen. It would only stay focused until you let go. So there I went back to the computer. My autocad has about the same type of zoom set buttons that are transparent in the corners. The attached simply zooms in extreme then out to where you started. But I’d like to build another that zooms to the field and back (centered on the field and due north). Here are a few screenshots (zoom in lower right corner) and the code to do this. Use if you like. Trash if not. YES, this is the V3.06 that no one was supposed to use, but it is the only one I had on this computer.

transparent_zoom.txt (3.5 KB)

1 Like

I added the transparent pan and home zoom buttons. I’ll upload the code later. But thought it was cool. If you are not centered the icons are brighter. When not in use,they are grey and very light.

Here is the code to draw the transparent icons. Also added the zoom to field. This is based on the November 23 code.

Edit: These are updated to yesterdays (November 24) code.

GUI.Designer.cs.txt (125.2 KB) OpenGL.Designer.cs.txt (66.5 KB)

1 Like

I’m trying Visual Studio 2019 for the first time and I got compiler errors.

Errors

Make sure you are using the latest code in the compiler. I just compiled yesterday’s code with and without the changes above and they both work.

1 Like

It was old code version. It compiles now fine. thanks

Seems i should put that button back in again… Consider it done

I see the zoom to extents is back in the github. Good deal. Just my opinion, but I’d like to see the button zoom to the center of the field not to the tractor and sitting north. Like a map. Then back to where I left off. The problem in the field if you ever click the zoom extents button you have to manually reset the view. I fixed mine by adding the following to the OpenGL.Designer.cs about line 66. Button simply sets fieldzoom to true or false. You do need to turn the sky off with an && !fieldZoom in that routine. Both the GUI and the OpenGL that has these are in the post #3 above.

Edit:
Here is the GUI and the OpenGL to fix it. Based on your latest github.

GUI.Designe.cs.txt (131.6 KB)
OpenGL.Designer.cs.txt (59.9 KB)

Probably just as easy to hit Touch Lines button and get a nice view of the field.

But there is no applied area, no flags, no pan, no tractor. With the other zoom extents and go back, you have it all. Leave the touchAB alone that works great for what it does. No mess, no clutter, just AB. Might could even get rid of the little “zelda” style zoom window, or at least the option to turn it off. I like the new version with the Transparent/“Windshield” icons. Really nice job.

This also has the field zoom built in to your latest github (Dec 3)

https://github.com/KentStuff/KentMods