Tree Planning

Are you planning to build an updated version of AogTree compatible with teensy?

The arduino code can be run on a teensy, I believe. I think some have made the teensy run part of AOG. I will not be updating the AOG-Tree until version 6 of AOG comes out.

1 Like

Yes, I should be able to send out two bytes with x and y delta values. -127 to +127. I will look into this.

hello and best wishes for this new year.

that would be great… :+1: :+1:

wanting to retrieve the GPS position while the tractor is stopped will not complicate the task.?
the history of slow speeds is just for the calculation of the trajectory I presume.?

by playing around with the software this morning in simulation I realized that X and Y are inverted between the tree planning page and the distance rosette before the next plant in the main software.
on my screenshot 230cm is the distance between two rows which follow my AB line and 115cm is the distance between two plants.

on this subject, as I will have to use the tool for planting stakes on plots planted with another GPS planting system, will it be possible for you to add an offset adjustment box (between rows ) to make up for any differences between the two systems before sending the offset to be made to the Arduino.?

I also read the entire discussion to try to understand why I can’t position a plant at the intersection of the planting line and the border lines as is the case on this capture of screen.
Was this version published and if so the algorithm is still present in version 5.2 that I installed.?

thanks again

For the middle question about x and y. In the settings, x is the distance along the abline. In the main screen, x is right and left perpendicular to the path of travel. If your abline was at a 45 degree angle, x is still along the abline. But y is still in front and behind the tractor as it is traveling.

When sitting still. The heading can and does shift with a real gps. We may have to assume a heading while coming to a stop. Otherwise the x and y adjustments could be in any direction.

I’ll look through the tree code to see where the boundary grid planter may be. That post was over a year ago. It may take me a bit to find.

Edit:
I did not respond to the question about shifting a line of trees over. If you are aligning with an existing row, it may be best to build a line of trees at a time. I think it locks the build button until you reset the whole field. It may be a feature to add. Does the abline stay true from old system to new? My thinking is look for all trees along this line and cycle through them shifting them perpendicular to the abline. But if the abline does not match, this will not work.

For anyone reading this thread and are attempting to buy the Tree version, please beware. The Tree version is free to download and use. See below.

and

2 Likes

Thanks for the notice.
I was wondering if in the next versions of Aog, instead of the yellow dot on top field view, it would be possible to make a top view like this video (right screen only). If it won’t be too complicated.
Now to stop at the correct point I simply look at the distance to the tree.
Tree planting video.zip (7,8 MB)

I should be able to do that.

1 Like

ok, I see for X and Y.

so either make a button in the general interface to lock the direction variable when starting a row or retrieve the last direction before the tractor stopped.?

thank you,
for the planter of stakes it is not of capital importance but in the idea of ​​later making me a machine to plant the vine it would be.

I wonder if it would not be interesting to also study the possibility of placing the green starting point by a button which would raise the GPS position (like that for point A and B of the A-B line).?
it would align the new plantation perpendicularly with the old one already planted next to it.

normally at the software level there is no reason for there to be a lag.

on the other hand on the ground I could note a difference which can go up to more or less 5cm.
the heading remains good from what I have seen, I think that the difference comes rather from a bad centering of the tool or from badly managing cant.

@KentStuff Are you planning to update the tree planner before spring?

I was waiting on version 6.0 to come through as it will be a major update. Then, using that version as a base, build the tree planner back into it. We should probably start a list of feature suggestions that everyone would like implemented.

1 Like

If it would be possible and not to much work, could the gpsSpeed be added to send to the machine module? It’s defined in the .ino but I don’t think its being sent by AOG.

It was a bug in 5.2 that this was based on. I think it has been fixed. I will check and make sure that it gets put back in.

Thank you!

Hi, KentStuff, i know you are waiting for AoG 6 before updating AoG tree, but could be possible to support PANDA messages?

Did you have a chance to check on this? If it is good to go which option on your github?

I did look into it. Not a bad change to do. I’ll take some time and fix this.

1 Like

@KentStuff I updated to Panda over the winter. I now need to go back to the tree version. Would you have any idea of how I would go about setting my F9 back to work with the tree software?

I have found I know very little about f9p in the past few days. It should just revert back to rover and go. But I also promised a panda version. And here is one to try. I have no way to test it in panda to see if it works. Let me know what you find and I can adjust to make it right.

Here it is on the github