Tree Planning

Still working on the slow step and the reverse. Slow step is fairly easy. Just don’t wait on the step. Reverse is a bit more complicated. As the tool location is 180 degrees from the original location. However, while working on that, I was able to live stream to Google earth with a 1 sec refresh rate.

Here is a very low resolution video of it. Just drop the .txt and it should play.

GELiveVIew.avi.txt (2.5 MB)

Basically I called for a KML save every few fixes and set Google earth to point to the file on my computer. Could be set to point and save on any server.

1 Like

I’m testing Gianfranco’s version, now with the Kalman filter and the fix to fix at 0.5 I can make small shifts of a few centimeters.
As soon as Gianfranco uploads the files to github I will post it

Sorry for my bad english.

1 Like

I don’t know what I’d ever use this for but that doesn’t take away from the coolness of just being able to do it! Good job!

Replace file position.designer.cs and try it

the first tests with the drill are good. I got a bug, Aog tree increased real distances (marked a tree every inch) but i solved.
in my opinion, if possible, the distance from the point (in red) should be divided between X and Y, to have a better feedback

The whole thing is built around meters. I have not tested inches. How did you solve the problem?

Added a directional wheel and broke up the X and Y. Is this what you were looking for? X and Y are from your current tool heading. Not east and west. Green arrow getting closer, red arrow going away.

sorry, i also use meters, “inch” is a translation error.
I tried to create a small field near home with the “record” function.
“Aog Brian” calculated the real value (0.3 Ha) while Aog tree calculated 3.5 Ha!
so I created the field with Aog Brian and then opened in Aog-Tree. now everything seems to work. what do you think about it?
i think the X and Y values ​​are better in this way, we have to try.

If you change the step distance, that may cause it. I don’t know. I’ve not changed any of the boundary calculations.

I will upload the latest soon. I have not added the filter to the position designer. Reverse is also still a problem.

What is "step distance "?
But the important thing is that it works well now.

the kalman seems to work fine, but the fix to fix at 0.6 / 0.8 is also very important.
15Hz might help with small shifts, but I’m not sure.
did you see Brian’s video in reverse mode? but it still looks bugged

Fix to Fix. Where it waits to move to the next location.

I did and still waiting on the release. My attempt to reverse with the push of a button made a mess. I could reverse the heading, or the screen, or both. But not as the reverse in the simulator.

No problem.
let’s try to wait Brian’s version.
or I’ll try the dual antenna.

@KentStuff ,
I’m back to playing with this. Where you have:

PlantTree(Tree.Plant(toolPos.easting, toolPos.northing, Tree.ptList,0.25));

is the .25 “meters - CM - MM”?

Also, if you know?, I want to send, if the SteerSwitch is on, to the machine Nano. I find what looks to me to be setup info in a few places in the FormsCommSet.cs and then where it gets sent in this block:

txtBoxRecvArduino.Text = mf.mc.serialRecvMachineStr;
            txtBoxSendArduino.Text = "32762, "
                 + mf.mc.machineData[2] + "," + mf.mc.machineData[3] + "," + mf.mc.machineData[4]//machine hi lo and speed x 4
                 + "," + mf.mc.machineData[5] + "," + mf.mc.machineData[6] + "," + mf.mc.machineData[7]; //setpoint hi lo

I would just need to make sure that the word SteerSwitch is right and that this is where to add it in. It appears to me that there are 2 unused bytes going to the Machine Nano.

The 0.25 is meters. This is the distance that the auto tool turn on and off from the center of the tree. So basically a 20" circle around the tree.

What are you trying to send to the Nano? Turning the tool on and off, or the steering switch? or something else?

My “tractor” is a big lawnmower and is a hydro stat. I cant just select a gear and full throttle for constant speed so I’m rigging up a motor so I can set that desired speed. I don’t want that motor running if I’m going down the street!! That’s why I’m thinking the steer switch. I’m going to run the motor from the machine module as that is where you are sending the tree trigger. Seems easier to send the switch to the machine rather than the relay to the autosteer. ???

Where are you picking up your steer switch? from the autosteer?

I was thinking from AOG but I was just looking at autosteer and could pick it up from there. Gonna need to do some searches on how to accomplish that.

You would probably want a setting button that enables or disables that switch. I’m not using the tree byte at all, maybe I should have. But, maybe I’m not understanding. If you are driving down the road on it, an external switch to turn on and off the hydro stat controller might be better.

I like to get everything I can setup while I’m in the building. All I have is a sun shade around the screen and it can be hard to see in bright sunlight. It just makes sense to use the switch on the steer motor to engage everything. I thought of the tree byte and I might end up using that. I’ll continue looking into the steer switch for now, if nothing else it’s a learning experience. Thanks

So it is the external steer motor switch you are using, then yes, that can be read with AOG, and turn on or off whatever. That switch is read by the arduino and sent into AOG.

Thanks I’ll let you know how I get along.