Tree Planning

I believe that will work just fine. Thanks Kent

I have been asked to modify or allow a staggered tree offset to the layout. If you look at the picture below close, the main set of trees is 50 meters apart with a secondary row 5 meters away and staggered to the center at 25 meters. I will not get into the why’s and such of this need, but what I wanted to post is an override for the tool width to force the ablines to jump to the spacing that you input. This screen shot is in the middle of a u-turn going from one 50 meter tree line to the other. Notice there is no row skip at the bottom right of the screen. Also note I’m leaving the 2R line going to the 1R line. I have made it so that you can turn it off and on.

Now, I can use the trees to build the ABLine and then drive only them. I realize a 50 meter tree spacing is a bit large, but it gives a clear reason why the tool width would not be relevant. The tool width is 5 meters. So to set this up with the toolwidth, I’d place 9 skips. I also tried it out on tram. I centered the tram at the ABLine and set up the override to the tram space. I do not know if this would be useful in the field farming world, but I can see a benefit in the tree farming world.

I’ve about got it running clean in version 5.1x. The x is still changing and will not be able to catch all of them. @BrianTee_Admin may can give me a run down on the critical ones since they update often. I’ve implemented the ones that I’ve seen fixed the most problems in the thread.

Anyway, just an update on the progress.

I don’t believe this can be done with two ABLines and row skip. This has two ABLines set at the tree lines. The AB override distance is set to the main grid offset. Then, just toggle between the ABLines.

Now on to a Drive-Tree2Tree button and do we dare set a braking distance to stop and drill???

Tree2Tree may have some potiential. This is a double row of trees imported as a curve and driven. It does not offset because it is a curve. But, if simply shifted X and Y without the at 90 degree stuff???

5 Likes

Awesome job Ken, if you need any icon only ask for it :grin:

1 Like

Thanks, your icons are works of art.

I will be uploading the program to the Github soon. This is a rough set of instructions on how it all runs. I’ll post back here when I get it on GitHub.

AOG-Treei.pdf.txt (1.8 MB)

Edit:
I’ve added a help screen that displays the help file as an HTML. Still only in English, but you can highlight and copy the main text and let google translate it.

5 Likes

Translators are needed, this community is great. Farmers helping farmers!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

2 Likes

What do you need to translate and in wich langage?

Here is the compiled program to play with. The help file is under the menu. It tells a bit more about how it works.

Basically, start field and set up tractor as before. Then, enter the ABline if you want to use that for layout, or go straight to the tree planner and layout the trees. Then you can use the ABDraw to draw your ABLine on the trees. The settings button in the tree planning panel has the ABLine offset distance override.

AOG-Tree-5.zip

3 Likes

What are the possibilities of the tree layout?
This applies the rotation matrix and plants them at a given spacing and radius and origin.

And it will drive a simple circle of trees in the curve function. It misses the tree slightly due to straight line tree to tree then radius the corners.

2 Likes

@KentStuff Could you put the source code up?

There is a little bug: you can not open AgOpenGps from AGIo’s aog icon, it says AgOpenGps not found, probably because you changed the name of the exe.
If you open the AgOpenGps-tree.exe inside the folder, it is working.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll hunt it down. and @Ray_Jorgensen , yes, but I’m looking for these bugs right now. Did you have something that you needed changed?

Would be difficult to add a georeferenced image from a drone to the field? Like Google earth, as you have done before. I would like to make a prescription map without a real ndvi camera

There’s nothing I need rather I’d like to add a button and I’m hoping you would help me with the communication part of it - send to arduino. I’d like to learn this part. I’m totally lost in how communication takes place in V5!!!

If I was in church, I’d stand up and shout, Amen. But since not and it took me better than a year to figure out what the previous versions were doing, I’ll be learning with you.

1 Like

The short answer is yes. A couple of questions: What file type? What is the source of the image? How would you like to tie the image to the lat and long coordinates?

What we did in the past is draw a rectangle larger than the field as a kml file exported out of AOG. Then open in Google earth and save the image. Then used paint to crop the image to the rectangle. When it loaded back into AOG it went straight to the four corners that were predefined. Now we had to also add a shift because Google earth may or may not line up with the real world. More likely it did not.

Maybe my request has been seen as too much complicated. I would like to mark different areas of my field with different colours. I could for example take the kml open it on an edito, don’t know the right editor, look at the drone photo, which can tell me if there are areas with problems, then map those problems onto the kml file and then import on aog. I remember you say that is is easier to look out the window to see where you are than importing image from Google earth, but a sorta prescription map could be very useful even without specific sensor mounted on the drone.

Import lines and rectangles from a kml file into AOG, is not very hard, and it is locked to a coordinate. This may be the best solution short term.

Edit: I wonder, Google earth has the ability to attach an image. Hmmmh?

It works as originally planned. Open or start a field. Close that field. Open the field kml file. It will draw a large rectangle well beyond the limits of the field. Screen capture that view with the field of view straight up and north. U and N in Google Earth. Open paint.net or some other painting program and paste onto canvas. Crop the image to the red line. Save image as “Background.jpg” and place this into the field folder. Restart AOG. Load field. Click the background button, If you see your image in the new window, smile. If not go find your image and make sure it is named exactly as shown above, and it is in the correct field. Once you have it in the window, Hit save and if all is well it should show up and be almost where you want it. You must follow this exactly. Much easier to look out the window. But as you can tell from the screen shots below, you can draw anything on the field and see it in the view.

It is here on the github. AOG-Tree-5.zip

2 Likes

That was it, I think I fixed it.