Tree Planning

@KentStuff,

At least I’m in good company! Whenever you are able to fix bugs and post the source code I’ll be ready to start. I’m thinking to start a new topic, maybe others would benefit (and maybe get a laugh) out of our efforts.

Maybe that should have been much company, not good.

I’ve been hesitant to start a new topic before due to my ignorance. As it usually turns out there are many of us that suffer from the same ignorance. I believe it was Paul in the Bible that said, “I would not have you ignorant my brethren.” The root word for ignorance is ignore. Ask away, and we will all learn something. And we can laugh with each other, and not at each other.

Added New Feature, at least for the PC with mouse user. When you click the first point of the ABLine or curve, it drags out a rubber band line and displays its heading and distance on the screen above the boundary click. Just meters right now. As far as I know, this is the only place in AOG that you can measure anything other than guess off the grid or size of the tool. Maybe some potential to add more measuring tools in AOG.

3 Likes

Well, @Ionosphere sent me to school on timestamp. I found this to be very useful and decided to add it to AOG-Tree. It takes a time stamp of every point. Yes, that can be a lot of data. But when looking at the whole field.kml in the google earth, you can run the time stamp forward, backward and read the total time in the field with the section on. This information could be very valuable. It loads and saves the sections with the stamp. So it keeps up with the total start to finish. Open the kml file below in Google earth and turn the trees off so you can see the sections. You will notice that the sections are only at the trees. The tool width is 400, but the tree spacing is 2500. You cannot do this with skip. So I set the AB override to the tree spacing. Also notice that the full section is on regardless of the tree. This also has a button that allows the sections to perform as the original full sections or just turn on at the trees.

Field.kml (669.0 KB)

BECAUSE YOU CANNOT POST THREE IN A ROW!!!!

I’ve gotten feedback from someone trying to install the program, anyone else have this problem.

"
I have a vanilla Windows 10 on there and I just updated it to the latest update.
I even tried disable Windows Defender.

The normal AgOpenGps from the website opens after a quick error message if it should look for an application in the Windows Store to launch it. Clicking no then proceeds to launch it.

For you adapted version, I don’t even see an error log.
Any idea where I could look for logs?
I normally don’t use windows and feel super clumsy and stupid with it therefore

"

Or any ideas???

1 Like

@KentStuff Do you have the sticky lines, etc updated on your github? Been using Brains latest and the sticky lines work great but of course none of your tree plannning.

No, the Tree version does not contain the sticky. Pondering, if I should add the sticky to tree, or tree to sticky. Leaning towards adding tree to sticky. I know what it takes to copy over tree, but I’m not sure what all changes Brian made to get sticky “right” for release. I may and probably should wait until the next release of 5.2. I would like to add the smooth contour as well when I update. It has its own sticky built-in. Then all three guidance systems would contain a sticky feature. As I’ve said before, either you are following a line or looking for a line. Once you’ve found a line you like, don’t look for another until you need another. But that’s just me.

For sure wait for Brian to release 5.2. With the sticky you made a marked addition to this project, thanks.

1 Like

Some modifications. Tree becomes planted only when section is triggered. Trees are green when planted. Trees planted keep planted date when reloaded. Trees are cleared from screen when closing field. Added a form of geofence back based on you-turn distance. Trees planted are green in kml. Trees not planted are blue. This does not have the 5.2 lateral or sticky.

AgOpenGPS_v5.zip

3 Likes

hello, I am very interested in this “planting” mode. On the other hand it is not easy for me to understand how it is possible to use it. Do you have a video tutorial or other so that I can create my seed rows … I need to sow an area with a working width of 6 meters and a spacing between plants on the row of 1m. Thank you for your help .

There was bad bug in the file. When including the geofence around an inner boundary, It did not plant the outer boundary if there was no inner boundary. This fixes that.

Under the help button there is instructions. You can copy and paste most of it into a translator of your choice.

AgOpenGPS_v5 Current.zip

This is the settings to do what you are asking.

Set the ABLine to the tree line. This is how it looks as it is running.

Hi , i not test at this time , but : thanks for message ! . Can you explain me the correspondance of number in top left screen ? ( 360 )
thanks , i inform you after next tests !

It is the heading. I wanted it bigger and easier to see. If you turn off the custom button in the tree settings it should return to normal.

hi , test but : no work in my PC !!! grrr . is not your application the problem but is the 5.1.1 version !!! beacause AGIO no launch … for this nessessary to modifi 2 code lines …
Can you send me source support code ??? if no for make lines of tree : no problem very good , but for test in field nessessary obtein source code !
Thanks

JLPIC

hi sorry , no problem . good work !!! UDP OK test OK in office in simulation . Go to the field for Big test : and after , vidéo for see !!! great

Hi : test in field ! hum aog base is 5.1.1 : problems ! no work reverse , etc … have you aog_tree in v 5.1.7 ? , if no code source? ok thanks

Reverse had many problems in the early version 5. It is turned off by default in AOG-TREE. You can turn it on in the tree settings.

autosteer in reverse good work in v5.1.7 . And if aog-tree no work in 5.1.7 , hum ! no good . If its possible to use source code aog-tree , i think possible incorporate in 5.1.7 .

I’ve rebuilt most of it into the latest code. Going through the minor bugs now. It does do the lateral shift to the next tree line, or as many skips as you have. Reverse seems to work in the simulator. I’ve removed my button to turn off the reverse.

You can now toggle between the help documents. Either the standard AOG help or the Tree help. @BrianTee_Admin It all now loads right in the main program and does not have to load another application. @BrianTee_Admin version 5.1.7 has been modified in this link to add a single source help window. If you want to add it to the new version. This is not the tree version!!!

Here is the link for the 5.1.7.

The background now opens any .jpg file. You will still need to use google earth with the boundary cut to get it to the right location.

AOG-Tree_5.1.7.zip

I was fooling with trying the background the other day. Where is the background button?