Troubleshooting steer motor not moving

I’m having the same issue with the steer motor no working I have tried a push button switch from d3 to ground is this correct

No. My best guess is that D3 today would be PWM1
Using such an old picture lead to following questions!
What type of PCB are you using?
What INO are you using?
What AOG version are you using?
Look in support folder for correct schematics, and connection diagrams.

I’m using version 5.6.14
UDP
I’m using 2 arduino nanos with the steer board and a bno085 hence the old wiring diagram
I’ll give d3 a go and see if that works

If you have steer board, (PCB v2 or kaupoi v4) then why don’t you use the steer input on the board.
Also look at the board and see where the trace from D3 goes on the board (should be pwm1)
If you are using your own steer board, then it can’t work with the old schematics.
You MUST use new schematics, else AOG can’t send information to change ino to correct pin settings and so on.
The old schematics worked for AOG ver 3!

Ok thankyou

You are welcome.

I have a v2 board with cytron, the problem I have is that the motor will only turn in one direction even though the wheel sensor shows both directions. The light on the cytron goes dim then brighter the one that should light up doesn’t, hopefully someone has a solution

Did you by accident select Danfoss.
In the setting page where you also find pressure sensor and invert relays, etc.

Just checked we have not

Is this your first board?
What is the setting in motor control (ibt_2 or cytron)
Did you send these settings to nano?

Have you tested the Cytron by pressing the MA and MB buttons?

This is a board someone else built, I have another working OK
Setting is cytron and have sent to nano
Was wondering if there is a voltage short from 5 v to signal wire

Tested cytron both ma and mb buttons work and reverse motor

Have you tested the Dir1 pin with a meter, making sure it’s state is changing? As I said, not actually used a Cytron but this should show if it is getting the signal it requires for direction change. I think!

3 Likes

If it’s turning one way, have you zeroed the steering?

Yes, have turned sensor left and right

If the Dir signal is testing ok as @Alan.Webb suggests then as you’ve eliminated the wiring and motor using the test buttons then it just leaves a Cytron fault for circa £15 just put a new one on.

If you invert the was does it change anything?

1 Like

Have tried but difference

The Dir signal has tested ok?