Ublox F9P - Config for rover

Hello,
I connected my GPS receiver to AG
Do you think that the connection is ok ?
Because when I try to upload an configuration file from U-center, it don’t work
AgOpenGPS_GPS_2

I have a RTK base not so far of the farm but what I need to see “RTK” on AG ?
My receiver is ZED F9P with ardusimple RTK2Blite

Thanks
Jean

Hi Jean,
The ZED-F9P is detected by AOG, which means it works (it’s not broken at least). However, the position is refreshed once per second (it’s the “1” next to "GPS single). To use AOG, it needs to be 8 to 10 Hz.
To do so, follow the guide from Andreas : Ublox F9P - Config for rover
If you still have an issue with U-center, we’ll give a look at it.

1 Like

Hi Valentin
Thanks for your answer.
So now it’s good ?
AgOpenGPS_GPS_4

I have set NMEA to 10Hz
AgOpenGPS_GPS_5

And what do you think about this message in U-center :
Can you send me a configuration file ?
For the Firmware version I think it’s ok because I download it directly from Ublox

Ublox_receiver configuration

It means the config file you are trying to use is for a different firmware version.

As said @m_elias, the message pops because the config file was generated from an older firmware version. It shouldn’t be an issue though.
The configuration in AOG looks okay. What’s weird is that you only have position at a frequency of 2 Hz, while it should be 8 Hz. You used the configuration file suggested by Andreas, right ?
We can use U-center to check the rate parameter. Go to View > Gen 9 configuration view > Advanced configuration > CFG-RATE > CFG-EATE-MEAS. Here the value should be 125 (which means 125 ms between two positions, or a refresh rate of 8 Hz). If it’s not, weird. You can set it manually, then Set in RAM / BBR / Flash, Send config changes. Finally, save the config settings with: Configuration view > cfg > cfg and click sen (as said by Andreas)

Yes I have uploaded firmware version as suggested by Andreas
But when I want to upload configuration file to GNSS i have this message :
Ublox_receiver configuration1

Yes, I get that too because of the different firmware versions as I mentioned earlier. This config was shared with me on the Telegram group just a few days ago.simpleRTK2B_FW113_Rover_AOrtner_10Hz-01.txt (20.9 KB)

You might have to look through the settings and make changes according to what you need.

1 Like

Hi Elias,

I tried with your version without sucess…
My receiver is connected by USB thanks to Xbee USB
Normally it’s good no ?

And how I can connect my rover at RTK base ?

Jean

Hi Valentin,

Where is RAM / BBR / Flash ?
Which config file I can use ?

Jean

Hi Jean
These buttons are accessible when you modify the ZED-F9P configuration via View > Gen 9 configuration view > Advanced configuration. There, look for any parameter you want (there are a lot of them). For example, to you had an issue with the refresh rate at 2 Hz, which is why I suggested to look at CFG-RATE > CFG-EATE-MEAS. There, you can change the value (for ex. 125) and send the modification to the non-volatile memory of the ZED-F9P. Here is an example view of the panel in U-center taken from the U-Blox guide :
Capture U-center example
I highlighted the buttons.
At the end, you have to go to Configuration view > cfg > cfg and click send to make the change permanent :

This is only useful if you want to change a specific parameter by yourself. If you want to configure everything at once you can use a configuration file with a .txt extension. Follow the guide of aortner : Ublox F9P - Config for rover. I used the config file given by aortner, which worked well. The config of m_elias should be more up to date though.

When you say without success, what do you mean ? Do you have feedback from the module ? Can you change settings and send them in the config view ?

Hi valentin,

thanks for the explaination
Now, when i open AOG I have "GPS single : 93 but after few seconds, I have nothing just “GPS single”
Is it a bug or I loss the connection ?

Other thing, when I want to Update firmware with u-center, it don’t work
Because When I go see the version, it’s the old one

Jean

Can you send screenshots of the main page and of the NTRIP page ?

Maybe you don’t get NTRIP in AOG, which is why you can’t get rtk fix. When the NTRIP stream is coming in, you should see a little button on the left side of AOG 4.3.10, saying “écoute”, otherwise saying “attente” (in french at least). Is the base station you’re using also made with a ZED-F9P ? How far is it ? It shouldn’t be more than about 50 km away.

About the firmware update issue, do hou have error messages or log files to share ? Did you set the baud rate to 115200 (see here) ? If still stucked, you can also ask on the ArduSimple forums, they have people to address this kind of issue.

Protocolo out: nmea only

El protocolo de salida en el puerto que conecta con ag debe ser solo NMEA.
UBX+NMEA o UBX+RTCM3+NMEA producen la aparicion de simbolos en la cadena de mensajes.

1 Like

Selecciona un punto de montaje adecuado en el dervidor para hacer tu correccion. A mi me ocurrió lo mismo, quise utilizar un punto de montaje distinto al que me asignaron y no lograba FIX.

1 Like

Also works at 9600, seems to be a particularly unreliable update tool

I received the ardusimple board today, but I can`t get connection to my laptop(win10) with usb.
It power up, but nothing in device manager.
Anyone with same problem?

Are you sure you put the USB cable on the same side as the antenna? It should work out of the box.

Yes, on the same side as the antenna (power/gps microusb).

Have you tried another pc to see if it helps? It must be a windows issue.