UDP only - Where is AOG heading

Is this the new all in one board, can we get a gerber file for it. Thanks

2 Likes

Interesting and relevant info about Tesla Cybertruck vehicle comms and power.

In 2023,Tesla began using Etherloop in their Cybertruck light-duty truck. A gigabit Ethernet 2-wire physical network with a proprietary time-sliced, network protocol for near real-time control and feedback is used for all motor vehicle subsystems, including steer-by-wire, motor controls, all vehicle controllers, plus vehicle audio with active road-noise cancellation. Tesla has achieved millisecond-scale latency with microsecond-scale synchronizaton, plus redundant control, since if one path is broken or defective, the data is moving bi-directionally over the physical loop. The transition to an Etherloop architecture has dramatically reduced the total amount of wiring going across the vehicle (68 percent) even though the number of endpoints increased 35 percent over Tesla’s previous newest vehicle, the Model Y. Average wire length is also much shorter, while total bandwidth is 200x the traditional 500 kb/s data rate of traditional vehicle controllers. Moving to the Etherloop architecture resulted in significant cost savings per vehicle built while increasing reliability and enhancing debug & service capabilities.

10 minute video Etherloop
1hr Video with Tesla Engineers & Sandy Munro

3 Likes

Interesting stuff! I noticed that even JD recently added an Ethernet jack for the rear implement in their model year 2024 tractors(at about 1:55 in the linked video). I’m not sure what it’s function is but all I could think when I saw it was that AOG was months ahead of them :joy:

3 Likes

Traffic on ethernet easier to encrypt, I guess… :frowning:

1 Like

Telsa is getting fancy, but CAN is just too slow looking forward, they need to move to something better.

Deere is giving me the deepest warmest LOL’s right now. I wonder how much they will charge for Cat5?

But it makes sense, Ethernet is a proven communication standard with plenty of worldwide youtube hours proving stability.

2 Likes