Universal Fit Gear System, with Quick Tach Motor Holder

I’m in the process of printing all the parts! So far so good. I’ll just need to do a bit of sanding to clean up the stringing from the PETG. Thanks for all the work you’ve put in to this.

Now I just have to figure out how to put the acs712 together…

1 Like

Very cool, thank you for the photo. Its wild to see something you’ve drawn just magically appear somewhere else. Hopefully it simplifies your installation.
The gloss black will look very sharp once you get the motor held in with a shiny hose clamp.

ACS712 disengagement is a very nice option. The 24v motor is smooth steering, but has more torque than I can fight. Nice to just grab and go around trees.

I’ve ordered some of the carbon fiber PETG from 3printingCanada it looks like it’ll be a good color too for my next one. I bought the printer just for this!

1 Like

Tested the metric nut during the weekend. It works like a charm. Small amount of lube will probably make it even easier to use, but worked without lube as well. :+1:

2 Likes

I thought I read and saw something that a modification to the Cytron would allow the motor to free spin with out disengaging the motor when auto steer is off. Is this correct? or is the ACS712 a better way to go?

They are two separate modifications working on different issues with steering disengagement.

The Cytron freewheel modification allows the motor to move freely once auto steer has been disengaged. It does this by utilizing the NC wire to toggle the nsleep function by de-soldering some components and adding a jumper wire. Without this you have to fight the motor to turn, or you have to manually decouple it from the steering wheel.

The ACS712 is a separate modification that allows the user to disengage auto steer by turning the steering wheel. The ACS712 measures the amperage sent to the steering motor, when you turn the steering wheel by hand with auto steer engaged it causes an amp spike that is more than the set point and auto steer disengages.

The ACS712 modification has little benefit unless the cytron is modified , or some other means of disconnecting the motor has been wired up.

voici la modification 2

3 Likes

Thanks PotatoFarmer and lol85 for your great explanation and picture, sometimes trying to keep up with all of these great modifications can be difficult for some of us. Is the .ino modification in the newest V5 version or will I have to modify myself, and just to be certain this will work on the original v2 PCB correct?

1 Like

I know the feeling, read for a year before ordering parts, took over 6 months to get parts due to shortages, read like crazy and built it. Tossed a couple mma’s. Pondered how to get WAS and steering installed for hours.

Took it for a test drive and was hooked. Then the feeling of having a system you built at home do its first automated uturn. Both Bizarre and Awesome, cannot wait for spring.

2 Likes

For this mod to work you also need the red wire attached to the PCB??? Is that correct?

1 Like

Yes you will need the red wire, it will sending the command to activate the Cytron.

Once done as soon as auto is off, steering is free again. Logic is already in .ino to do this.

1 Like

bonjour pour rentré le moteur dedans il faut le tourné en l’emboitant? merci

“Hello, to get the engine into it, do you have to turn it around? Thanks”

The motor slides straight into it, and is held in place by a single hose clamp. There is an english manual under construction in the g drive file with the .stl files. The manual has more photos.

Le moteur s’y glisse directement et est maintenu en place par un seul collier de serrage. Il y a un manuel en anglais en construction dans le fichier g drive avec les fichiers .stl. Le manuel a plus de photos.

ok je vet regardé car dedans cela fait comme un début de filetage merci

Je pense que je devrais faire une vidéo de montage. Devrait éclaircir certaines choses. Désolé si mon français est mauvais, en utilisant google translate.

1 Like

Le pièce qui tien le moteur il faut juste mettre une clamp de tuyaux pour le tenir. Pour mettre l’engrenage d’entraînement sur le moteur il faut juste enlinger le clé et le pousser l’engrenage en TPU est fait pour être serré.

bonjour les amis et le mieux est de l’imprimé dans se sens? merci

OUI OUI merci mais ma question est pour l’impression vous le mettez comme cela sur le plateau de l’imprimante? merci

Dans le fichier Google Drive, le manuel d’instructions contient des photos de chaque pièce sur le lit de l’imprimante. Il contient également des conseils de montage.

In the Google Drive file, the instruction manual has photos of each part on the printer bed. It also contains assembly advice.

2 Likes

HA J’AI que ces deux photos sur le lit imprimante
je vet re telechargé pour voir imageimage