Using you base station for RTK on existing GPS systems (CASE IH In my case)

Has anyone tried to use their AOG base station with any of the big brand GPS systems? I have I case IH Pro 600 in my combine for yield tracking. The RTK service is stupid expensive for my 200 acre farm. I was wondering if anyone knew how to get base corrections from my base station into it. I’m guessing it would probably take some configuring on their end with their “special computer” but was wondering if it was possible and if it was how i could start to figure it out. My current base station is LORA based, using an ardusimple board and the xbees transmitters with a series of repeaters and specific locations for better signal.

Yeah I know some have. I don’t even use a commercial GPS at this point, so I can’t help a lot, but you could try searching the model of your receiver. Searching “pro 600” on the forum here does pull up several threads. But it does look like most were replacing their commercial reciever with an F9P.

With most big brands, NTRIP from your private F9P base would be simplest. I’ve used radio too on a Fendt as it has an integraged Satel radio. Many commercial products allow RTK corrections through a serial port, allowing any radio. Just a few brands seem to be difficult.

Have you paid the $3000 CDN to unlock RTK on your trimble receiver?

If you have RTK unlocked you just need to send a blank 1008 with the corrections

Haven’t found a commercial system that wouldn’t work with rtkbase yet.

Ive not been able to get a deere SF3000 to work (yet!)

I have RTKBase (default settings) working with Ag Leader and Pro700/AG372 via NTRIP with no problem. The Ag Leader “just works” after a full season of spraying, the Pro700 is a bit more involved but far from difficult .

For the Pro700 you make a wire harness to connect to the receiver port C on one end and serial on the other, then add a bluetooth to serial dongle (i.e. Parani SD1000). You then use an Android device with internet access and the Lefebvre app to stream the corrections to the bluetooth dongle. Theres a bit of setup in the RDI screen but very straightforward.

I can get a bit more detailed if Pro700/372 receiver is your specific need, I literally just did this a couple weeks ago so still a bit fresh. I’ve had full DGPS in the yard but haven’t been in the field with the Pro700 yet.

I also find its important not to use RTK2Go. Too unreliable. Use Emlid instead.

Edit: I see you have Pro 600. No idea if that would be a different process than the Pro700, but here’s the display setup process.

Thanks for the Link, I’ll take a look.