V 5 Beta

It is sent to the arduino in v 4.3.10 but isn’t actually used.

The distance from the line is used in the external lightbar setups in previous versions (<=4.3.10) . External Light Bar
There should be some code in there that shows you where the bytes with the data are. This wont work with version 5.

Thats what Im looking for. I was hoping that its possible to just put it “ontop” of one internal UDP communication (between AgIO and AOG itself) or using bytes that are unused at the moment without effecting any other function.

I started to look at V5 today. From what I see so far I am impressed. Good job to all involved.

I seem to remember reading something about being able to drive and the software figures out the radius and counts per degree. If this is true I haven’t seen where to do this. If true can someone point me in the right direction?

On the tractor setup section I find where to manually enter radius. The minimum is 100 and I need to enter 46. Maybe that field is only allowing metric. I’ve set the software to Imperial.

Thanks

Steering settings page, pull the bottom of the box down and there it is.

First enter your wheel base etc correctly.

Drive straight and zero WAS. Then turn wheel hard lock one way, press record and drive in a circle till the diameter stops moving. It then works out the true wheel angle, adjust the counts per degree so the angles match.

Pretty sure that’s the correct order of events.

The tractor setup radius is unrelated to the wheel angle stuff. It’s only to work out the u turn path so would 500cm = 196 inchs ?
Edit: haha I think I see why you want 46 inches (you have the lawnmower setup)

3 Likes

Is there an audible alarm with this happens, or a easy way to have output for light/alarm. Would like it for if any major components malfunction ( gps, arduino, udp, maybe even tablet glitches.

I also was wondering about options for inputs for section controls. Nbd, just easier to flip a toggle than hit screen buttons.

Do you have a tutorial for dummies like me on how those type of variables works in code? also how we could customize things like that? I know everything is much more complicated than just a couple lines of code. Would really like to learn more about how to manipulate variable between AOG and arduino. Speed could be another variable.

Advanced HMI is a great thing for simple minded guys like myself. Free hmi software with a lot of functionality. Able to add graphics, buttons, charts, etc with only filling in properties and com information. All programing in VS. I was able to merge it with an older version of AOG. Worked fine. Not setup for serial com though. Works great with plc for corn dryer setup. Has modbus com component.

Sorry really went off on a tangent. This is such a great project you created. It has some of the best outside the box minds workng on it from around the world!
Thanks

The easiest way I found to interact with AOG (for very bad programmer like me) is node-red. My system is full udp so node-red can pickup pgn from AOG and send command to AOG.

1 Like

no audible alarm for losing comms. but it should be an extremely rare occurrence anyway.

Yes, you are looking to monitor the cross track error (XTE) displayed vs ground truthing. AOG used to spit out the distance away from the line, but wasn’t used so was dropped in v5.

In the 5003.zip is an excel file showing the makeup of the pgn’s sent. Right now, XTE isn’t available outside of AOG and would need to be programmed.

Have not tried udp, always used usb. I will take a look thanks.

In AGIO, IP address of machine, can it be changed? For some reason AGIO gets my virtual-network address as default, and is grey, can’t change?

Well… :slight_smile: Too hurry, found solution same time as wrote that… In ip v4 (tcp/ip) settings has advanced options. There is “Automatic metric value” or something.

Going trough all networks adapters and making sure primary card has smallest metric number, windows or network-stack or something decides where to go first.

Thought to put this out, tried search at forum but no go, here it is for somebody else to find. :slight_smile:

Restarted agopengps and agio and there it is, my primary network-address.

1 Like

Where can I change the orientation of BNO085? Meaning the axle that is used for roll.

Okay, think we’ve isolated this bug a bit further.

I think our GPS setup/settings is good. RTK F9P running at 10 Hz. Fix to fix is 1 and min speed is 1, but sometimes we need to mow at 1.

Check out the video below. What we’re finding is that as you turn towards a new AB curve, the pure pursuit yellow dot doesn’t always pick the right direction, even when you reset the direction by tapping the tractor. As you can see, the yellow dot stays behind the tractor even when driving forwards, so when you engage autosteer, it tries to turn 180 degrees. The work around is to turn ab curve on and off again.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xHPCAVuWaRddvDbn9

I realized, that not very many people have a situation like this, but I thought I would put a video on here as an idea of something that could possibly be improved on in the future. We have so many new lines in one field, that it hardly works to use AB curves, because we would have at least 15 or 20 lines per field! Using contour mode works great, until you come alongside a previous pass that is different than your current line, and then AOG gets completely confused. Our Raven system that we are using works just like aog, but our deere system does not jump lines.(not sure how they fix this problem?) I’m guessing this would be a major upgrade @BrianTee_Admin ? ContourLineSwitching - Google Drive (our fields look like this everywhere…)

This happens if you can stay on the line within half a tool width and not leave to make a new one in curve. Otherwise it would be constantly picking new curves to drive on. What i can do is make sure the line isn’t “backwards” to the current direction and redraw it.

2 Likes

Ok new version on github 5004.zip that now parses the nmea in AGIO. This is a huge thing, when it was done in AOG, the nmea had to be timed with the frame redraw etc, so it had to poll if new data is coming in etc. Now, whether udp or serial, AgIO immediately parses it, sends a complete pgn (and very much smaller byte form with only the needed information instead of hundreds of characters) to AOG which immediately triggers a frame redraw/update.

AgIO has a GPS data form, tap the double arrows at top of AgIO. Numbers on the left side of the icon mean data going in, right side of icon, data rate going out.

This version may have some errors - or not. There was much debate to do this huge mod - but it works extremely well, we had to do it. Give it a try.

New Beta Release 5004.zip

Screenshot_28

13 Likes

I there any chance it will be done in a final v5? Would do it myself but I dont think my coding is nearly good enough…

Sounds great, will test out next week.

Great work! Will AGIO send out NTRIP RTK NMEA sentences on a com port, or UDP?