V 5 Beta

So when you turn sections on, you turn autosteer on? Only 1 section?

You could also just let aog control the sections, and the turning, and then no need to touch anything.

In the new ino line 577 add this (bitRead(relay,0) ==0)

make line read like so

if ((bitRead(guidanceStatus, 0) == 0) || (gpsSpeed < 0.1) || (steerSwitch == 1))

to:

if ((bitRead(guidanceStatus, 0) == 0) || (gpsSpeed < 0.1) || (steerSwitch == 1) || (bitRead(relay,0) ==0))

If section is off, so is autosteer.

In future, not a burning concern for V5, It would be cool to see skip direction transparent overlay colour coded and possibly visibly predetermined or recorded. This would be handy for lining up short skips. And showing 12 year olds which way they should be eating the swaths in the combine, or almost 40 year olds in the dark.

2 Likes

But in Europe I think u turn is often not an option because of too narrow headland. We often go back and forth to turn to the next line.

Another wish/idea from my side:
The GUI could be a little bit more configurable from the settings menu or maybe too user levels. User/Admin. To make it easier for the 12 yr old boy and the neighbor seniors that help on the farm or persons who work on the farm only every now and then.
For example hide contour mode (the icon looks almost like curve mode). We would never use tram lines on our farm. One less button. The user doesn’t need to open agio. One less…

As always. Just ideas/wishes which would make it easier on our farm :wink:
Really love v5. Great job of everyone involved.

2 Likes

Worked all day yesterday with new version an it worked realy nice (still v5.0.0.3 will update to latest after this field :slight_smile: )

Only I would like to edit the ab line as in v4 in degrees. Or even in cm but both points (a and b) .
In v4 when ab was not aligned I calculated ab point distance, converted the offset to degrees and changed the degrees of the line so point B shifted. In V5 it’s only possible to enter an angle while making a new line. I could make a new line with adjusted angle, but I can’t recall the exact angle of the “old” line in let’s say 5 digits.

So that in a situation you drive an ab line, measure the actual distance you want at begin and end of field, you are 10 cm off at one end and then edit the line at one end.

There is the source code out shortly and you can delete as many of the buttons you would like to to make your own version.

That said, it does give me an idea about this…

Winforms is notoriously difficult to do anything with modern graphics like moving buttons etc. It is currently pushed about as far as it can go. The buttons at the bottom appear only if the function is used, like no headland buttons if headland isn’t used, or tram or if no boundary then any boundary functions are not there.

It is difficult to build an interface gui that has everyone happy, but interestingly from the survey most people use all the functions, so in many ways, the gui is quite basic already.

1 Like

… Smiles, and more smiles.

Not that there is anything wrong with the code or program, it is great and thanks for all the hard work. But, here in the southern United States, we have a tendency to buy a new truck then bring it home and start working on it. It is just that we can. Not that we have to, or that there is anything wrong with the original. New bumbers or lights just make it custom. In the mountains they climb because there is a mountain, not that anything is achieved by the climbing.

Thanks again, and smiles!!

Sometimes ideas like yours twig a thought i have been having, and sometimes it works out… thanks for the spark. ! Ability to turn off many of the buttons/items that may not be used.

Screenshot_39

Many turned off
Screenshot_40

3 Likes

Oh I love it :heart_eyes:
The problem with changing the source code is… A few month (or weeks) later you come with so many cool functions that it is hard to keep up with inserting the changed code to my own version :wink:
At the moment we use a changed version of early 4.3, because of this. I changed the whole GUI and it is difficult to keep up.
So I am really happy to have some sort of customizable GUI :+1:

2 Likes

Ya there is a difficult balance between putting in every single thing everyone wants with what most use. For every “feature” you need a setting, or another button, or control and before you know it there isn’t room for the map!

I am sure people will ask after turning off uturn, how to make the uturn work…

5 Likes

Yes. Becomes difficult to move your custom feature to the latest version, then you start to ask is it worth it. As time goes on, you just buy the new truck and enjoy its features. Those custom things you add become out dated.

I had to remove many buttons from my dad’s version. He was as bad as a 12 year old wondering what this button does. I’d get a call to come and fix his GPS and turns out he was just pressing the wrong button or too many times.

Sorry I misspoke. Actually I don’t use switch on the pcb ( I hate wire). I made a joytick with arduino in it with a lot’s of button, switch. I use it to control sections sending pgn 234 with udp (switchcontol). The idea is to active autosteer with pgn 234 without using autosteer pcb.
I looked today ago source code, udpcomm.designer.cs. Maybe it’s here I have to add something…
IMG_20210418_202451

The bottom buttons now are pretty clever, they only come on if the function is available. Forms like the config are only 1 mostly, so if the inexperienced stay out of there they can’t go too wrong

2 Likes

Were do I find find the drive in circle setting? I see were I manually enter the turn radius under vehicle settings but can’t find were it automatically calculates radius/diameter or wheel angle.

look this vid in 25:30 or something it is explained AgOpenGPS v4.6 Beta Test - YouTube

Perfect thanks. My tablet for some reason will not let me expand that window to see that setting without first leaving full screen mode.

There is probably a good reason. but I cannot seem to find the download link for the new version.
Did it move ?

Mr. Brian may have removed it, as version 5.1 will be released, maybe.

imminently like really soon…

4 Likes

Closed → release is there!

V5.1 Release