V 5 Beta

There seems to be something wrong with the GPS communication. “No GPS!, I’m Lost” rotates most of the time.
The are no problems with GPS in version 4.3.10.
I Tried “LogNMEA”, but “NMEA_log.txt” is empty.

Actually it works fine on my other computer.

I can’t write to the autosteer arduino nano inside agopen.
I loaded the autosteer_USB_20.ino with succes into nano. The com does connect in agio. The roll, heading and steer angle are coming through correct.

When I try to write any change (like invert WAS) from inside ageopen a screen pops up “autosteer port, module configuration”. What am I doing wrong, can’t find where I could set anything for standard usb connected autosteer module besides in agio which seems to work correct

Thanks for all the hard work guys! I’m very much looking forward to this summer!

Brian, any chance you can take a look at this?

1 Like

Will it keep my boundry and ab lines intact from 4 to v5 ? I want to use those if I can
Edit
I can set up vehicle and implement, and save as. Now if I change settings in them, there is no save button. I have to save as again. If I switch vehicles by loading xml, then all unsaved setting are gone. Along with steer settings.
Can we have a save settings button that just saves to current vehicle ? Maybe save on exit with the green OK button in the bottom right as you close the page ?

For now, just delete and resave with the same name, i had a save as button so i can add it back in again.

Your boundary and ab lines will - or at least should be the same from v4 to v5

Yes, the distance from the line is no longer sent as it was never used. Until i saw this at least.

If it is saying this, then the settings are sent. There is no confirmation from the Steer module anymore that it got the update you have sent. if the WAS reads the other way now, it worked. I should change the Text in the little info window to say Data has been sent, more accurately say what is going on.

Does this help?

Screenshot_14

ummmmm not sure, when you connect in the connection page, is nmea showing up in the text box in AgIO? Flashing by kind of quickly. Set high enough baudrate as well.

What kind of gps?

I mean the steer settings. I set up a vehicle and save it. Later today I have to adjust my left right offset, then add a little gain. Now if I don’t save vehicle as again and switch vehicles, I lose all the settings I put in today. If it would save to that vehicle on exit of the setup page would be best. Right now nothing is saved since the save as when you make a new vehicle. If you dont put that tablet in another tractor, I guess you would never know.
You have v5 set up so that I could grab the tablet, and go to any tractor, load vehicle, and load farm, and go, if it would save.

Thanks a lot for your reply! I have been “mislead” by the textbox then.
I will try it this evening!
I can’t find the “drive” button anymore, to set the steer angle sensor zero when hit the drive button on o degrees and drive a straigt path. What is the new method to exact zero it out?

Pull-down the settings page a little bit. There should be the drive button

2 Likes

GPS is simpleRTK2B-F9P V3. Baudrate is 115200.
At connection page, nmea messages are updating all the time whether there is “No GPS!” or not. Behavior is more or less random. Sometimes GPS stays on most of the time sometimes not.
Again there are no problems with other computer. There might be different USB serial driver.
I don’t know what kind of communication there is from AGIO. There are all kinds of services and programs running on this computer with the problem.

IT needs a good network card since it uses the loopback (internal) ip address 127.0.0.x to talk back and forth to aog. That might be an issue on that computer, so maybe try everything network related off?

These are tough to figure out.

It looks I have a communication problem too, because the gps doesn’t give accurate position in aog, while having stable rtk fix, simplertk2b f9p. The arrow on the right botom of the screen flickers red/purple very fast, when I toggle the steer switch it flickers purple/yellow. Baudrate set to 115200 . Also steer angle isn’t stable when standing stil (jumps 1 degree back and forth)
With exact the same system I just worked 3 hours without problem with V4.3.10

edit: tried different notebook, tried to set gps from 8 to 10Hz, tried different nano, all no difference.

When using the “Edit AB Line” clicking the feet/meter selection no matter if you select right or left button it adjusts line to the right. The inch/cm works in both directions. Also if you keep clicking on inches it keeps moving in direction selected which is what would be expected, if you do the same for ft/meter the second time you click the same direction button line goes back to center.

I think it just looks like it’s not working. But you move it by half the working width. So every second tap it seems to be the old line, but it is the next one.

1 Like

I am missing the two icons (date and time) in the field creation window.

newField

download the latest version. This is a beta and new versions will constantly be appearing as bugs are found and features added/removed.

Like the calendar and time, gone 12 hours ago, back again!

You are correct, the upper move line is 1/2 the tool width so depending where you are, it can look strange as it jumps around you. I will double check again though.

Question: How does AOG measure steering angle by driving in a partial circle?

oh for sure. This one took a little thinking… what we want to do is measure the diameter of the circle with a constant steer angle. The position of the gps is transposed to the pivot point - so that is the measuring device. So when you hit start, AOG records the the start point and every fix after that measures the distance from current to start position. once it stops being greater then the last maximum distance, we are heading back tot the start again and that max distance is the diameter of the circle.

Now we know the diameter and wheelbase we set properly previously (hopefully) then… Math.Atan(mf.vehicle.wheelbase / (diameter / 2))
gives the steer angle to achieve that diameter in radians - convert to degrees, voila steer angle.

2 Likes