V 5 Beta

You are correct, the upper move line is 1/2 the tool width so depending where you are, it can look strange as it jumps around you. I will double check again though.

Question: How does AOG measure steering angle by driving in a partial circle?

oh for sure. This one took a little thinkingā€¦ what we want to do is measure the diameter of the circle with a constant steer angle. The position of the gps is transposed to the pivot point - so that is the measuring device. So when you hit start, AOG records the the start point and every fix after that measures the distance from current to start position. once it stops being greater then the last maximum distance, we are heading back tot the start again and that max distance is the diameter of the circle.

Now we know the diameter and wheelbase we set properly previously (hopefully) thenā€¦ Math.Atan(mf.vehicle.wheelbase / (diameter / 2))
gives the steer angle to achieve that diameter in radians - convert to degrees, voila steer angle.

2 Likes

Hi, this is a beautiful update. Loving the new gui. Thanks to everyone involved for massive amount of development.

I tested this beta in the field this arvo, ran smooth. Though I think I found few potential bugs.

• The AB curve snap to button did not work for me. AB line snap worked fine.

• In contour mode, I couldnā€™t get a guidance line from painted area done in AB curve.

• I found the gui lagged, as if it was running at <1hz. It seems as if my gps data is only coming in at about that speed and the lightbar/paint updates jerkily. Noticed the arrow flicks to purple every now and then also. Not sure if related. And not sure if itā€™s my hardware or not. Running F9Ps with the rover at 10hz and 38400 baud, everything going though USB hub. No IMU, cmps14 on the way. Microsoft surface Pro tablet. Going to try upping rover to 115000 baud tomorrow. I donā€™t notice a lag in 4.3.

Hola a todos. Me gusta mucho la nueva versiĆ³n.
Yo tengo problemas con el control de secciones. No me funciona. Lo tengo con un arduino nano y un rele de 8. En la versiĆ³n 4.3 si funciona, pero en esta no. He cargado varias veces la ino, pero nada, los reles no abren.
Hello everyone. I really like the new version.
I have problems with section control. It doesnā€™t work for me. I have it with an arduino nano and a relay of 8. In version 4.3 it works, but not in this one. I have loaded the ino several times, but nothing, the relays do not open.

Only option to save a vehicle is: ā€œSave new vehicleā€?
It would be nice if you could overwrite the old saving.

Should be there now?

Brian, team,

Real test this morning and really enjoy this new version .

The function to find the diameter and the angle is really helpfull even if the result are less than expected

In gps settings and gps behind front axle on a 4wd, should that be a negative or positive value

Negative. But negative values ā€‹ā€‹cannot be given. Letā€™s discuss that. Although the pivot may not be on the front axle but just at the pivot point. I talk with Brian about this.

I wish i even knew where the pivot was on a 4wd. everything moves. Where is your antenna, ahead or behind the front duals?

definitely need 115200 for speed. I canā€™t make the snap not work for curve, what exactly isnā€™t working?

I will check curve and contour

1 Like

80 cm behind front axle

on a 2wd its really simple, the back wheels are the pivot point, but on a 4wd, where is the ā€œpivotā€ ?

I have no idea where to set the distance from if we donā€™t even know where the pivot is. My guess would be it should be negative 80 in your case Curt.

I will add the ability to be able to enter negative distance - ie behind the pivot.

Snap curve pivot - fixed.

Contour in guided lines. Not sure about this one. when you have a curve guidance line, you have contour already. Saving all the guided lines for every painted section mapping is a huge amount of data. I know commercial units do the same with generally contour is recorded if not being a guided driven line.

it is convenient for that little it is used - but when you go to use contour, you have to check every mapped section point in the entire field to figure out which one is closest. It gets slooooow. Especially on 100 or 200 ha fields etc.

I can just enter 0 and try that

Yes. Overwriting works now. Thanks.

updated version on github including fixed machine module, so section control works now.

@Nacho

Muchas gracias. Ahora lo pruebo y te cuento.
Thanks a lot. Now I taste it and tell you.

1 Like

Ya si funciona el control de secciones con la nueva actualizaciĆ³n.
The section control works with the new update.

2 Likes

Thanks Brian, I will up my rover to 115 baud and test the snap curve in the field.

I see what youā€™re saying with the contour from curve. Practically I think most people would use one or the other. With the improved curve function and the snap working, I know we will use this exclusively.