V4 all-in-one PCB

Hi just take a normal header pin and softly press it in from top side teensy. Just that it just tips above teensy bord then solder and done. Made 5 aio like this never had a problem.

2 Likes

What’s the difference between Pin 22 (+12V in) and Pin 20 (+12V Board)?

Pin 22 is the 12v+ supply to the PCB from the tractor battery.

Pin 20 is a 12v output, not often used and if you do should be limited and fused to 1 amp.

1 Like

ok, and how do I turn the board on/off when the power comes directly from the battery. There’s no relay or anything on the board?

I have done about 15 boards with these headers below. Just trim them off just below the gold plating.

1 Like

These fit perfectly:

You need overall length of approx. 13.5mm, the above are 13.59mm.

1 Like

Thank you for the replies all.
I looked locally and couldn’t find any solutions. Teensy is not very common here in New Zealand.
Both Diji-key and Mouser have shipping rates of over $20 and a weeks wait.
I found the earlier suggested socket on RS and have ordered that. It said “can ship immediately” which usually comes next day delivery…and now I find delivery will be the 17/07 regardless :slight_smile: :rofl:

I now know for any further sytems I build. This is hopefully the last part I am waiting on.

Didn’t notice until last night but are the V4.1 Standard boards supposed to not have the tactile button for steer switch placed? Is there a reason for them being absent?

Is it correct that AiO 4.1 Micro PCB uses 4 layers and AiO 4.2 Standard PCB uses only 2 layers?
Ordering from JLCPCB.

Am I just missing something? Why can I not access the gerber for v4 standard board?

How should I answer this question from JLCPCB regarding the new AIO board V4.2 with the modification to the pin 18 and pin 22 holes.

I just checked, there are vias instead pads.

You can choose there option A or use this new Gerber

Yes, correct

It’s near from the Teensy

Here, Board Github, click on “Code” then “download zip”

2 Likes

Thanks

I was meaning that with the files provided the switch isn’t placed on the PCB while the others are.

Which gerber file did you use?
I uploaded AiO 4.2 STD yesterday and there was no problem in production.

Pin 18 isn’t relevant but Pin 22 would be if there is something wrong.

I used 4.2. Would I be ok if I told them to use option A: open to be covered in tin? I hope I chose the correct option

That should be ok.

There was still a change to the Gerber file for the standard board. The change isn’t on github yet I think (last commit is two weeks ago). Are other errors currently suspected or known?

Why is modification of micro V4.1 PCB blocked? Can’t I make something good for myself?

Just select all components and in the right menu set “locked” to no

You can lock some components so you will not move it by mistake.

2 Likes