V4 all-in-one PCB

Here is the all new V4 all-in-one PCB.
This file will be the Micro version only. the Standard is on the way.
The changes to be noted:
Status LEDs
work, steer, and remote circuit
speed pulse circuit
Danfoss circuit
alternate Cytron power in pin and Grove connector
reverse polarity detection
heavy motor traces
new available parts BOM
much better protection at inputs
and
expandable for future improvements

Status LEDs
there are 3 power LEDs for 5v, 3.3v, and 5v WAS. Just connect power to the board and see if the LEDs are lit. Then check voltages to make sure they are correct. Headers with the voltages labelled have been added for this. (Then add the Teensy, F9Ps, and IMU)

work, steer, and remote circuit
All 3 circuits have polarity protection, better resistor values, and LED status. Also there is an onboard button to access the feature for testing.

speed pulse circuit
speed pulse now uses the same optocoupler as the work, steer, and remote circuits. It also has polarity protection and better circuitry putting much less load on the Teensy.

Danfoss circuit
The Danfoss circuit is all new with better suited components to operate the valve. The old design had a lag in function to the left direction and required a code modification to make it work properly. The new circuit needs no help from the code. It is equal in left and right directions.

alternate Cytron power in pin and Grove connector
pin 18 is now available for anyone who wants separate power input for the Cytron. 24v inputs and so on. Also there is a pad to solder and optional Grove connector although we suggest to cut the cable and solder the lead.

reverse polarity detection
along with bigger diodes and an onboard fuse, this board had a LED that will light up if the polarity is reversed.

heavy motor traces
The motor traces have been increased to the absolute maximum possible without changing the pinout of the AMP connector. There is only one wire to solder on the board, compared to three wires on V3.

new available parts BOM
all of the parts in the previous versions that were constantly “out of stock” have been updated to better stocked parts. Though there will always be shortages, there should be less issues with V4.

much better protection at inputs
Aas mentioned above, all inputs have diodes added at the input to protect from damage caused by wires being pinned incorrectly. There are still some things that need special care when connecting, such as WAS, and CAN bus.

expandable for future improvements
No one wants to put a board in that is soon to be obsolete, so this board has the future improvements that are being discussed onboard.
RVC-BN08x is already wired on the board. It will likely be the next great improvement for the single GPS users. RVC cannot work at the speed it’s capable of with the ADS1115 however. i2c has to be removed from the Teensy to enable the RVC mode to run at it’s intended speed. A hat that looks like the ADS115 has been developed to use the Teensy Analog/Digital converter and obsoleted the need for the onboard ADS1115.
The code for these improvements are still in the future, but when they come, the V4 board is ready for them.

The whole team has worked tirelessly this winter to have this board ready for spring seeding. That is the reason we have kept the pinouts on the AMP connector mostly the same. We removed 1 CAN bus(pins 18,19) and added a pin for direct Cyrton power(pin 18) The rest of the pins remain the same.
The Cytron can still be powered from the 12v in pin as it has always been as well.

Here is the new github link for harware

The new V4.5 board is on a new thread here

Order the AIO v4 micro at JLCPCB
This is a short video to show how to order the AIO v4 for AgOpenGPS

23 Likes

I made this video and the list of alternate parts, if you find other parts that can fit let me know.

I would add that it could take until the end of April beginning of May to have the Standard version released. I’m maybe a bit conservative but I think it’s realistic.

1 Like

Right on. This sounds like it is a major improvement over the old boards. The development team really did an amazing job on this board, just looking at it there are many major improvements over the V3. I really like how they moved a bunch of the through hole components to SMD and swapped out to DIP-4 optocouplers. I am going to order 10 or 20 boards today so if anyone is interested in only one or two send me a message.

Where are you located ?

Western Canada

Great job again on the whole team. Thank you.

6 Likes

It seems some parts are already out of stock
today it’s the case for the AMPSEAL connector, the 24 pin header, the 5v mornsun reg, and some other part are pretty low too.

if you are sure you want to order boards, I think you can preorder the parts here:

But be carefull:
1- I never used it so I don’t know exactly how it works
2- there are some thc componants from the default bom.
3-Check for minimum qty order, some parts request too much to be preordered.

here is and exemple of the part list:
JLCPCB preorder exemple.pdf (1,6 Mo)

The hardest part to have is the 24 pins header and the minimum qty is 18, so 20 would be for 10 boards.
or maybe pre-order the other parts and just wait for the 24 pin headers.

I don’t know if it is worth or most user, but it’s an option :man_shrugging:

1 Like

:cry: Oh no, so not gonna work with autosteer ready anymore on the AIO PCB…

Will easyeda files be available for download? I want to edit on the components available to me

You still have 1 CAN bus available(the previous versions had 2), so you shouldn’t have a problem with steering ready machines.

Yeah, if you manage with the steering bus alone, but you might want to read button messages etc from the tractor bus. Or use implement control on the bus.

Some require 2 busses so operate steer correctly. Activation and deactivation.

…and if you want machine control, as i have, three CAN busses. Which the teensy supports.

The developers point out that if you want to run a can based system then the All in one board is probably not the best option and i agree. The irony of the name obviously being lost on them.

If full CAN is your route, use the much better suited board designed by @CommonRail. Or build your own.

Personally i think steer hardware will probably end up, and will be better on a separate board mounted near whatever steer method is being used. Making the main system properly all encompassing.

2 Likes

Yes, and it’s very compact as well. But if you use the same board for a can controlled valve (like PVED-CC, PVEA-CI) the AIO has built-in analog WAS support in case you have a sensor already in the front axle. And the integrated micro-f9p is nice. Hence, intermediate option to go with the V2.5 AIO for that case and just drop all the extra stuff from the board.

I see now. I always thought that you only needed one for basic steering and the other was for other machine control functions.

here, this should work:
BackupProjects_AIO_v4_easydea.zip (1,0 Mo)

@nut Have you examples of setups requiring 2 canbus and motor controller? Or analog WAS?
As you Said v2.5 is an option for this case.

As discussed, for CAN only, Tony’s board is the one to use. It’s hided in the support folder under “Misc” :see_no_evil:

There was a lot of discussion while designing this board, the main point was to quickly release a board to correct some littles tings while keeping it almost compatible with the previous version and also to give the ability to upgrade to serial BNO and Teensy analog reading (without ADS1115) which is under testing this summer.

Not for motor controller, but for hydraulics, yes. I use a CAN valve in the steering setup so one CAN is always needed for the steering bus (this is normal left/right valve, not autosteer ready type), second CAN channel goes to tractor bus for reading armrest buttons, communicating with hydraulics etc. If there’s an existing WAS on the tractor, then that is hooked up to the analog WAS channel.

Good morning

I am a French farmer and I would like to install autoguiding on my NH G170 supersteer

Can I use this V4 all in one map for autoguiding?

Steering will be done by electric motor. Does this board support electric motor?

In addition I would like AOG to manage the rear linkage of the tractor

is the card compatible with what i want to do?

Thank you so much

2 Likes

We did all those things using the previous Standard board. So the micro should also be capable.

And here’s the code for Teensy:

Wiring was done in a way that we use the PIN that is directly wired to Teensy to trigger a relay board which in turn lifts the implement. That relay can override the switch that you use to lower / raise the implement. So you go to the field, lower the implement start driving then enable the “work switch” button on AgOpenGPS and at the end of the pass it does U-Turn and lift the implement.

(But if you ever decide to lift the implement middle of the field, etc. It could never lower it.)

At home you can simulate a shorter field and fine-tune the look ahead second so the implement is down by the time you reach the field. Farming simulator csak igazi traktorral :) AgOpenGPS szimulátor - YouTube

I’m located in Ile de France (but speak very little french) if you’re in that area I’d be happy to assist (and improve my french)

1 Like

jlcpcb is still missing some parts for this new pcb. Ampseals are easy to find elsewhere.
I found alternative header for teensy (JLCPCB Part #
C2883741) from Digikey, is it suitable?

But do you know any replacement for Onsemi MC7805CTG?

Hello Jhmach, Pat,

I placed the order with the first set 24_PIN.

JLBPCB sent a message asking if the orientation and placement of the components U3 U5 are correct or not and the following picture :

Is this correct in their picture ?

Thanks.