All in One PCB

Hello pAy,

Could you share with that board EasyEDA files if it possible?

Does this new boar have all files(BOM, gerber) for ordering it already assembled from JCLPCB?

The new board has not been released yet but when it is it will be there will be all the files to order it mostly assembled.

Agopen.zip (1,6 Mt)

We will post a zip file of V4 on the discourse today. It will be in a new thread labeled “V4 all-in-one PCB”

2 Likes

If I want to use the 24V Phidgets motor, do I absolutely need a 12V to 24V step up converter or powering it with 12V can be sufficient?

No, you can use this motor with 12V without any restrictions

1 Like

We use MFA986D41 motors as a phidgets alternative it’s 12V and roughly 70watts

1 Like

Do you need to do the freemod also with 12v? or do this with any kind of steermotor

Thanks! Any other 24V electric motor can be used without a step up converter? And if you can use a 24V motor powered by 12V without any restrictions, then what’s the point of using a step up converter? Are some 24V motors not powerful enough to provide sufficient performance when powered by 12V?

Any 24 volt motor will spin when connected to 12 volts, just at half the speed. A 24 volt motor powered by 12 volts should steer ok in straight lines, but it might not be quick enough for U turns.

The freewheel mod is completely separate from 12v/24v. If you need the motor to freewheel then you should do the freewheel mod. It doesn’t matter if the motor is 12v or 24v, the mod is the same.

2 Likes

Can you use relay for stoping feedback? with PWM?

Yes, I think it’s better than the freewheel mod and it’s easy with the AIO PCB.

You need a 4 pin 12v relay, wired as follows:

Pin 30: Pin 5 Ampseal
Pin 85: Pin 7 Ampseal
Pin 86: Pin 21 Ampseal
Pin 87: Electric Motor left

With the Freewheel mod there is still some resistance as you manually turn the steering wheel, as it acts as a generator even with freewheel mod.
You can feel the difference when using a relay there’s no resistance at all.

2 Likes

Is this using a NO relay?

Yes NO between pins 30 and 87.

What you do with right pwm. Or use 2 relays?

Something like this?

1 Like

Yes, exactly like that.

Maybe its me… but you left and right pwm.
You only mention left pwm. What about right pwm? Dont you have feedback there also?

Maybe i am missing something.