V4 all-in-one PCB

It seems correct imo
They could read the silk on the pcb! :roll_eyes:.
The default position is correct with the regs from the list.
Where the defaults from the BOM (Mornsun) available?

Yes, any 2.54mm, 8.5mm height, header will work. I typicaly buy 40 pins headers and cut to lenght

Most 5v linear reg would work, just check the pin order and orientation.
JLCPCB probably have many alternates but they are not in the list because the oriention was not verified.

I have these for an other project: AS7805AT-E1

Thanks Pat.
I used your default files and only U3 had to and could be swapped. No supply for U7/U10 and J2.

AIO V4.1 just arrived in UK, Iā€™ve just finished assembling ready for testing this afternoon.

7 Likes

Hi is the standard version v4 already released?
Greetings hanz

No. It still lacks a little bit to be finished. Maybe later in the week or next.

What size are those ethernet holes in teensy. I have 2.54mm male heads. Between holes there is 2mm in teensy. I could cut my 2.54 heads but it seems that they are too big for CN2

1 Like

You need the smaller 2mm ones

2mm.

2mm are 0.5mm thick and 2.54 are 0.64mm. I will have to try find the right ones

They also have to be extra long to reach the female headers. The 2mm headers should just barely stick out past the 2.54mm headers. I think 13 or 15 mm overal length but I would have to check.

1 Like

If the lower socket is installed, then remove pin from strip and softly push true hole in teensy until they level with board. Then solder them.
I never use other pins. Works great for me.

So you use 2.54mm pins after you separated them from strip?

1 Like

That works as well the first board I did I forgot and did it that way but I think it is still a good idea to do it the right way.

You can find the links to the header + connector here: AIO other pieces Ā· farmerbriantee/AgOpenGPS_Boards Wiki Ā· GitHub

Thatā€™s what I did as well. I think it should be made clearer in the wiki which parts are needed on top of the bom for the board. It is a lot of info to read anyway and these little things can make the difference between smooth and horrible assembly experience.

1 Like

Hey guys, Iā€™m ordering my parts to build the V4 Micro right now, and i run into a few things.

At JLCPCB most headers arenā€™t on stock right now, think i can solder those on myself just fine so I want to take them out of the BOM list, but how do i do that? do i need to delete them from the BOM excel file or will JLCPCB take them out of the order automatically?
One of the headers thats not on stock is the 10P-female needed for the F9P micro and Xbee radio, are those the 2mm version or the 2,54mm? Iā€™m looking to get them on Ali in this case
The final part thats out of stock is the ACS712 current sensor, is this SMD? or can I solder this on myself? canā€™t find it on the board setup picture.

thanks in advance!

The headers are easy to solder on and if they are out of stock you donā€™t have to change anything on the BOM if you want them to not be placed there is a spot on JLC where you can select what you want. JLC just wonā€™t put them on. The F9P headers are the 2 mm type. As for the current sensor it is an SMD component but they arenā€™t a lot harder to solder than trough hole components if you can figure it out.

Hello from Austria,
is the standard version v4 already available?
Greetings
Fritz

Noā€¦ it should be here as far as I know:

Only micro is availableā€¦