V4 Lives on

You have to compile it with visual studio by yourself

Okay, thanks, but thats outside of my ability. Back to waiting.

HI,

I would say that if you can “copy” a configuration into a new one it should be good to have everything in one config. I think of it as a “save as” option.
And so I would have as a saved configuration list:
tractor 1 + tool 1
tractor 1 + tool 2
tractor 2 + tool 1
tractor 2 + tool 2

1 Like

thinking about it, you know it’s not a bad idea … by saving the tractor + implement combination together, you can also set the tow length based on the type of implement itself (towed or carried) without modifying or reloading the vehicle …maybe put them both on the same configuration page… has my support :+1:

1 Like

@BrianTee_Admin - Took your advice. But used point data class as it was not being used at the time. This is mapping speed of the far left and far right tool. Lots to add yet, but it does not mess with the sections. It works only when the tool is on. In this picture I have just deleted the applied area. Thanks for the advice.

1 Like

This post and video from way back explains it. Had never compiled aog until this morning.

3 Likes

The latest development will be here : https://github.com/farmerbriantee/AgOpenGPS/tree/v4_Upgrades

It has Vili’s cool graphics now. Please test, now is the time to try. Also the integral setting in Steer settings needs to be set to about 20% as it defaults to 0. This version now saves to XML in the vehicles folder - have a peak at it, it is quite nice to read.

So what is does is it takes a copy of the user.config from the AppData\AgOpenGPS folder and makes a copy of it - the easy part. Then to import with some xml magic, the contents get written back to the user.config at which point AOG reloads all the settings again - no need to restart the program I hope any more.

If you want to use with arduino, change the version line in the ino from 17 to 18. Haven’t tested it with arduino code yet - but should work…

https://github.com/farmerbriantee/AgOpenGPS/tree/v4_Upgrades

6 Likes

There was a problem with startup license screen, got that fixed. So many ways to crash.

Can you have more than one version on your computer? Can I have the application 4.3.10 and this upgrade on same computer and use either one, but not at same time?

Great information. Thanks wwfarm. followed Brians video, now to test.

If the recorded path is taken out from this upgrade, is there some other way of using AOG with Controlled Traffic Farming?

Tried the latest one. Changed to 18 in ino. Everything seems to work, but no power to cytron from dir pin. I’m probably missing something, but I changed the ino back to 17, and loaded 4310, and everything works great. Any ideas ?

I changed 4310 to 4410 in the ino above the 17 that I changed to 18 to match the math. The program runs great in simulator, and WAS and steer switch work correctly. I have good GPS coming in. Could changing #define EEP_Ident 4310 to 4410 have any effect on the dir pin to not have output ?

You sure can, just keep the separate of course. They will keep their own settings.

New version on github now.

I haven’t tried it with an actual steer board, maybe will do that today and see what is up with that.

Meanwhile, there is an easter egg in there, can you find it? Work in progress, so don’t do any fields with it lol.

Screenshot_5

1 Like

Hmmm. Good question. Maybe i should put it back in?

I already found the easter egg :joy:. It needs a little bit time! :wink:
Saving doesn’t work until now, but no problem, it looks good!

1 Like

I think it would be a good feature to keep. Especially if it is fairly simple to import pre-planned tracks from kml or other format.

1 Like

We would appreciate it if you put it again.

its a work in progress for sure, it still does some strange things lol. you must be good at video games !